What does this mean when a guy says he still wants to be friends?

My boyfriend ends things today. :(. Yet he says I am a fantastic person and wants to remain friends.

What does he mean by that? I mean if I was that fantastic. Why not work things out and still want to be my boyfriend.

I voiced opinions on certain things I was not happy with and he would not meet me half way with it. That is the reason of the break up.

He has even still left me on Facebook and everything.

Reckon their is a slight chance we could get back together again later on down the track or not?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• From 'MY' experience guys go with the "let's still be friends" thing usually say that so there's a chance of sex still happening without the relationship part.

Again that's just from what I've seen mostly.

What Guys Said 2

• "IF" he's sincere, he believes you're not for him. But he prob thinks you are a good person, but doesn't want to date you anymore. You'll know if he just wants sex as a consolation prize, if he asks for some.

• You never know what the future holds but I would say if he won't meet you half way on things then he probably did you a favor by giving you the freedom to find some one more compatible.

What Girls Said 2

• It's a way for him to feel less guilty of breaking off with you. Also he doesn't want to look like a bad guy in your eyes.

• Sex! And congratulations for speaking up.