How can I convince them to let me do this?

Well I'm not allowed to date till I'm done high school and I'm in gr.10 now and I really like this boy and he really likes me but I'm not allowed to date. My dad says if I keep my grades up then he'll think about it but my mom doesn't like that idea! :/ She says my education is important and yes I understand that but I really want to date a boy! I'm ready to burst if I don't! But my mom finds out everything so if I went behind her back she'd know! So don't say do it behind her back cause I'm not! :/ So what can I do! I really like this boy! And he's a gentlemen to me but yet not to other girls!

33

Most Helpful Girl

• I have to agree with musical here that seems like the best way. You need to sit down with your parents and talk this out with them. There trying to protect you and they want you to succed I can see that you see that as well. They need to know that you're ready to do that on your own, and that you can. No parent ever wants to let there child date because of all the risks and such behind them. Let them know that if they never trust you enough to let you go on a date..then they don't have much trust in you at all..your at an age where you can't have your parents dictating everything and you not only need but deserve to have some freedoms. Even if they don't support you if you really like this guy and he likes you go for it! Don't let your parents stop you...the mistake..or the good choice..is simply youres..

best of luck to you!

What Guys Said 3

• you have to sit them down and talk about it. I would give em an ultimatum. ill date with or without your support, but I wantto have my parents.

• It's a silly over-protective mechanism. Parents should never forbid their kids from dating. You need to build up experience, and being heartbroken (which they want to protect you from) is part of that.

• Your parents sound like douches. F you c k them! Do what you want. Who are they to tell you what to do.

What Girls Said 2

• Invite him over so they can see that he's a gentleman.

• They are only trying to protect you so that you won't make any mistakes. Maybe talk to them in a mature way and let them know that making a small mistake now is better than waiting so long to date and making a huge mistake when you turn 18, like getting married after a very short time...let them know you just want to date and don't want to do anything beyond that.