EX messaged you, what will you do? Will you respond?

he messaged me and I don't know if I did the right thing I replied to his message asking me if how am i? and I said I'm good just been busy... and he didn't replied anymore WOW... I know he dumped me 3x in 1month but I don't know why I replied...maybe some feelings for him I dunno,he makes me confused now...

• HELL NO
  • Yes
  • Depends
    Vote C

57

Most Helpful Guy

• that's easy I'm sorry for my language ma'am but if it's about her boyfriend then the answer is hell no I would never answer it or respond,if its about something else I will ask what she wants,what the hell she wants depends on my mood with her because she broke up with me but if it's something stupid like she said she is sorry I will cut the communications with her right there because it's her fault she did this to herself because if she choose a jerk she will handle it by herself I won't help her if you got questions about my comment feel free to ask me and I will see if I can answer it I hope this answer your question

• i guess I'm stupid because I replied to his message

• no problem if this is stupid you may say so but I'm a 23 virgin male I'm saving my virginity for marriage I expect her to do the same if she wants to date me I'm only dating virgin girls/virgin women if she is saving her virginity for marriage like I am and if I may he is stupid for dumping a beautiful girl like you I wish you best of luck

• awww hehe...thanks for the compliment... and thanks for the wishes :) GODbless

What Guys Said 6

• You need to remember that he dumped you, so don't give him any inclination that you still have feelings for him, or he will put on the charm and use you because nothing better has come along, but to him your still second best to the next girl, but for now your better than nothing. Don't put yourself in a possition where you could be used like this, because he has failed to reply, so next time he text, don't reply, leave it a day or two, and ask who it is as you don't have their number, this will either make him make an effort, which you want because then its you in control, or he will back off because his intentions don't seem like they will work on you, stay safe , x

• Thank you :) and nexttime for sure I won't reply... it was just unintentionally and involuntarily my hand was typing and replied immediately after 3mins of the msg...

• I don't do messaging or texting - I use the phone as intended. I'm weird that way.

But here I am married.

And my ex phones me.

Ex girlfriend, I mean.

I was puzzled, like "uh huh. what do YOU want?"

Apparently a sob story for which I wasn't impressed.

Her excuse was to say about how her grandmother died.

Then she goes on to say that the guy she dumped me for turned out to be abusive.

Gee! It's not as if I didn't try with her. She rejected ME. Little sympathy here.

My wife is pissed off at this point, how dare an ex girlfriend call and hangs the phone up.

I liked her way back then. Oh did I ever. But she pushed me aside. She had her chance.

Now I don't need her.

• Maybe you can reindle, or at least still be friends. You did the right thing by responding. Most likely he feels the same way you do, so you have something in common!

• its fine with me to be his friends... but not totally as a close one... so it means I did the right thing to reply

• I think it's common courtesy to reply. Who knows what might develop.

• mnnn but nexttime I won't do it...

• LOL no problem replyint o ex as friends but the fact that he dumped you 3 times in 1 month...then he seriously does not need to be responded to

• Depends on what note we ended it on. In your case it seems like a bad one and I would just ignore his existence unless it is absolutely necessary.

• if you think my comment was mean I'm sorry but some girls/some women need to understand some of us good men refuse be her second choice guy aka her back up plan if something went wrong if you know what I mean

• I absolutely abhor that line "You are too good for me", I would be psyched if I was dating a girl that was too good for me, at least if she REALLY liked me. Anyway live and learn honey. Next time avoid the trouble and confusion. If the guy is making half assed attempts by texting you to get you back he is obviosly not worth the reply.

• thank you... and I won't go back to him if that is his intention why he messaged me... because I don't want to get hurt again by someone that I trust,and the one that I really love but still just took me for granted... dumping me 3x is not good...and its enough already

• I'd respond only to tell her to go f*** herself and that I hope she falls down a flight of stairs.

What Girls Said 5

• Depends. If it was a bad break up or things were left off on bad terms (especially if THEY messed up), then no. I MIGHT depending on how I felt that day, but generally, no.

However, if we left off on good terms, then I possibly would. Maybe after a day or two. If I hadn't heard from them in ages, I'd wonder wtf they wanted, in all honesty.

Overall, you just have to trust your gut and figure out possibly WHY they're in touch. If it's just to say hi and see how you are, then fine. But if you pay attention, sometimes it's obvious that they want something. You might not know WHAT per se, but you know it's something...

Call me paranoid, but this has been my experience. When they come back around (especially if they messed up), they're usually around for a specific reason.

• mnnnnn... thank you, I really appreciate your comment... it was end up in a bad break up because he dumped me 3x for no valid reason he was just saying I was too good for him... and after 4hours I guess he said he changed his mind and want me back but I didn't because he hurt me alot

• who was verbally abusive toward the end. I told him where to go and ignored him from then on out. He'd keep trying to inadvertently talk to me via FB and I wouldn't even acknowledge him. If he were to try to get in touch with me again, I wouldn't give him the time of day. I think he knows that now and hasn't bothered me in at least 8 months now.

• Thank you... great advice :)) and next time I won't respond to him :)

• In your case I don't think you should reply him tho.Obviously he was a jerk to you and he doesn't deserve you at all.I have one ex who was a jerk.He keep texting me using multiple numbers even I bashed him harshly asking him to stop.I gave his number to my boyfriend and they have some "nice talk"

Till now he never bother me anymore ^_^

• u replied OK the busy part is good. I noe what you mean its so hard not to reply. so if you have to just b curt and don't b flirty and with not. my one ex will randomly text me every month or so... I'm just like wtf... I respond, but after talking for like 30 I end the convo quickly...

• yeah... I feel weird... because I did reply but I hope he don't think anything because I replied... thanks for the comment I appreciate it :))

• its not a bad thing to see how someone is doing and he is probably missing you and realized he messed up you answering his question wasn't stupid in any way girl.

• do you think? I am really inlove with him but he dumped me he knows that I love him so much but took it for granted, and he asked sorry for my parents because he hurt me 3x...

• well answering when someone asks how you are doing isn't a big deal and its not like you contacted him saying you missed him or anything. you aren't going to get over him with the snap of your fingers. it takes time and you can't just ignore someone forever. . . .

• No,because we didn't have that GREAT relationship Nor friendship.

It is hard for me to talk to him now,it hurts,i don't think that will make me feel any better.