My boyfriend broke up with me, said it wasn't like it used to be and that his feelings have changed.

He broke up with me telling me it wasn't how it used to be, and his feelings have changed. We had been together for a year and we lived together. So I moved out, he said it would be better not to have contact for a month, because that's what he did with his ex that broke up with him. I still talk to his friends, and hang out with them because they are also my friends. When I talked to them, they said he was really upset about it. Is there any chance he will come back to me? Because I really want him back. Should I wait the month?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait the month girl! It will do no good to keep trying to contact him and get him back. Distance \makes the heart grow fonder. He may feel like you two just got in a rut and needs time to regroup and see where he's at with the relationship. No matter what, don't contact him, let him come back when he's ready or it could not go in your favor. I just had to do this same thing, where I felt the relationship wasn't going anywhere after 10 years of long distance. All the distance and non communication left my heart empty and I had to let him go. It has been a week and he hasn't contacted me, so I take it that he is hurt, but he has to meet me half way and at this point he is willing to lose me. Soooo I let it go for now. Its much more complicated than that, but that's the main problem. Hope that helps.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I would wait...give him some space. They do say the NC rule works...but HE has to want you back for it to work. In my case, I did NC. He kept contacting me, but only to see if I was OK and tell me stupid, irrelevant stuff, not because he wanted me back. :( I hope in your case, he comes back. Good luck!

• I personally would tell him how I feel. Talk to him. And if he was upset about it and he really did like you he will tell you the truth. If he says he really did want to break up, don't make it awkward just be friends with him. At least then you still have him in your life. :)

• Hey girls my story is kind of the same, well I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years, 2 solid incredible years never fought, then out of nowhere last week he said to me " I know I love you, but I'm not sure if I can continue this relationship right now, I really need to sort out my thoughts and my life, only time will tell if this is really what I want"...I was in shock! If you guys knew him and I, you'd be in shock too...lol...3 days later he texted me which was ( yesterday ) to see how I'm doing and just told me about his day and then said hope you enjoy the rest of the day, love you...I am so confused!? Did anything improve with your story? It's so hard and it's destroying me, how are you dealing with it? Everyone else...please I need some advice or insight :/