Girls how would you want to be comforted after a break-up?

this girl just broke up with her boyfriend she has been dateing for a year and is crying to me about it and I don't know what to say

oh yea iv only known her a week so it makes it even more weird...
we were just txting if that helps any and now the conversation just died out I'm just gonna w8 til tomorrow to talk

81

Most Helpful Girl

• Let her vent, buy her an ice coffee, and just say, "ugh that sucks"

• ice coffee lol. Yea I told her I was here for her if she wanted to talk...but I didn't know what else to say. Just keeping her mind off of it

• haha damn your fast. Ur welcome I just gave out like 15 ba's

• Hahaha, lol =P

What Girls Said 7

• Listen to what she has to say and make the appropiate comments. For example if she talks about him treating her bad, say something like. really he did that he really didn't deserve you. Or if she's just talking about things in general then say what you think needs to be said, but at the same time tread carefully as some girls tend to take things differently then another may. If you're near her then just offer he a shoulder but above all help her understand that it's not her fault that they broke up, and she'll find someone so much better that will love her even more. Don't let her dwell on it too much, and if you find she is maybe offer to do something with her so that she won't as much.

Good luck to you! =)

• just allow her to get it out. offer a shoulder if you want, but don't talk much or offer many "I understands." She needs to just get it out and work it out herself. Basically, be a hugging sound board :) then when she's done, distract her. Go out for ice cream or something lol

• You don't have to say anything, just listen and only offer advice if she asks. If I was the girl, I could use a shoulder to cry on, someone to make me laugh, someone who will listen to me go on and on and just to be a friend. Though, I guess in your case, it's a little awkward since you've only known her a week. If you don't feel comfortable, then let her know. You don't owe her anything.

• I'd take a listening ear, a hug, and a laugh. Maybe some m&m's. ;*) A good cheering up.

• tell her to go with the flow f.u.c.k that guy if he ended things tell her to move on to the next one no one is ugly enough to not get a better guy then the last guy they dated

• she says she still loves him and all that crap even though he is being a d***

• Let her vent and cry. Also buy her chocolate, ice coffee, tissues, and romance movies

• there's nothing you can say... other than it'll be okay. time will heal things. just let her know that you'll be there through the process.

What Guys Said 1

• she is just in need of a shoulder to cry on.no matter what you say,Trust me,its not gonna help.

personally I would leave it to some other guys.

I have had girls cry on my shoulder and after hours of explanation,she agreed to take care of herself and to never date a jerk like that guy only to find out that she got back with him 1 week later.guess what,he dumped her again and she wanted me to give her a shoulder again to cry on.

stay away from comforting business,stay happy and positive