I want to give him his stuff back but don't know how?

Right, I kinda want to get some stuff off my chest at the same time of this question (cause I don't want to talk to my friends about it) so sorry if I bore you!

I still have my ex's Xbox and games and he still has a boxset of DVDs. I've tried intiating contact and he completely ignored me; I tried through text, in person and through email. So, enough's enough. The man doesn't want to talk to me, and yeah it hurts, but it's just how it is.

I've before thought of just leaving his Xbox on his friend door, but that's not fair. So, I was thinking, I would pass by his house (ok, I'm going to pretend I'm going to an interview... he knows I'm applying for jobs and it gives me an excuse not to be in an awkward conversation) and knock on the door. If he doesn't answer, I'll post a note through the door saying "it's tucked behind the green bin" or something like that. But if he does that I would say something like this...

"Hey, sorry to bother you, I thought I'd just drop this off on my way past.. I'm not staying, don't worry, just thought while I was going past the door, I'd give it back. Sorry for bothering you..bye" and leave. Now, I was imagining this driving home and had an image of him coming back "No, wait, don't go" or something. And while I was going through this fantasy I realised; yes I love him. Yes I would love a relationship with him ONE DAY not now. Yes it hurts watching him moving on. But at the same time...we need our space. If I do that, I'm the bigger person, I'm not making it awkward and by making that first step, hopefully he won't feel so weird around me. I don't know if he's in a new relationship for sure, but I know that I don't want to hurt anyone. If anyone is going to be hurt, it's going to be me.

I've said to myself that all I need is time, but right now, I don't want to care about relationships or love. It hurts not being him, but in all honesty.. I don't want a relationship. What I want is to be left alone. It's taken 2 months but that's what I've realised.

Would taking his stuff back like this be a good way? He hasn't asked for it back but I mean... it's his XBOX! He's 19 years old, and he hasn't asked for it back?! I don't want to keep it forever more, it's not mine. Any thoughts or suggestions for me? Is going to his house a bad idea?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• If you insist on giving his stuff bac, then send it with a common friend or a close friend of yours.

• Maybe this is a dense question but erm. Why?

• I am trying to move on but it's difficult. I'm trying to focus on improving my life and the rest will fall into place I hope... thank you for your honesty

• You WILL move on. You just have to give it some time :) I wish you all the best.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!