Do you consider cheating as an opportunity to strengthen a relationship or is it a killer?

And do you think that two people who truly love each other (as in they are right for each other) may have to face this issue at one point, and that by forgiving they can strengthen their bond ? Or do you think that it is a sign that a love is not deep enough and worth enough to keep pursuing it?

I ask because we are often told that true love comes with obstacles, so I was curious to know whether or not you'd consider cheating cheating (temptation of sex) one of them?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Statistically, relationships that have survived a cheating partner last longer than those that have not. I don't think that means it strengthens the relationship, but it does test the strength of the relationship. If the cheating partner is truly sorry, and the one cheated on can truly forgive, then you probably have a very strong relationship.

• I didn't know this but it makes sense somehow. However I would wonder if the relationship wasn't much stronger on the side of the one who got cheated on and decided to forgive than of the one who cheated. I guess it really comes down to when it happened how it happened and the history those two people have together, if it was a one time only and if thecheater is truly sorry for what he/she has done.

What Guys Said 5

• i can't see how cheating would strengthen a relationship, it destroys the trust that was built up to that point. forgiving someone who cheated on you and continuing in that relationship is weak imo, I couldn't do it myself.

• if somebody cheated its not true love, and it shows that the person that cheated is not worth being with

• Hell no. Someone cheats. It`s over.

• Cheating is completely disrespectful. If that person truly loved their partner, they would catch themselves and get out of the situation. I would never take a girl back that cheated on me.

• cheating= ultimate betrayal

imo

• i think physical abuse = ultimate betrayal, and the end of the relationship, along with charges.

cheating is just something stupid that was done. unless its done repeatedly, then it just signifies the end of the relationship, naturally.

What Girls Said 2

• ummm no?

• it's not deep enough. if you can cheat, you're not in love.