Should you talk to someone who rebounded you?

Back in high school I was a friends with a girl (also goes to my college) who dated this other guy for about a year. He broke up with her and she was pretty sad about it. A few weeks after this had happened I just asked her one day how it was going (not thinking about the breakup) and she told me everything. Trying to be a good friend I talked to her about it, but after awhile we started talking to each other all the time. After getting to know each other we started liking each other a lot more and we started hanging out a lot more alone. Although we weren't officially dating we admitted we liked each other quite a bit and for a 1 1/2 months we were like this, even went to 2 school dances together. But after her ex broke up his new girlfriend he decided to take her back and she went back to him. I was sad about it as I had thought that we were more than just good friends, so I didn't talk with her from that day on. They broke up again after another year of dating. Its been a few weeks since they broke up. But I am wondering would it be bad to talk to her as a friend, add her on Facebook, etc.? (she emailed me in the last year about school stuff, but I've ignored her since college started).

12

What Girls Said 1

• people change but procede with caution

• Is ignoring her the right thing to do or try talking slowly? (P.S. type of girl who doesn't make the first move in anything really) Also by ignoring her does that make me seem like I'm still upset about it? cus I'm not.

• don't ignore her but don't spend too much time on her.

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't. She used you as a crutch to get over her ex until he came calling, and then she threw you out like a sack of garbage. Why in the world would she deserve your time now?

• True, but holding a grudge like that, whatever she did doesn't seem right for this long. Would ignoring her make think I still feel upset thought? cus I'm not really.

• Doesn't have anything to do with holding a grudge. I don't hate any of the women who have done stuff like that to me, but that doesn't mean I have to be friends with them. One of the consequences to crossing someone is losing their respect. I don't waste my time with people I don't respect.

• Nope. It'd just bring back bad memories. It's bad enough for me that I see one of the girls who rebounded with me at concerts I go to.