My girlfriend texted me asking if I'm going to break up with her? And I was planning to, should I say yes?

She texted me, "are you breaking up with me?" and yes I was planning on it. I didn't want to do it over a text or on the phone since that's not the right way to do it. What do I say? Should I tell her the truth?

53

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are going to break up with her, do it in person. Just ask her to meet up with you or tell her you guys need to talk.

What Girls Said 4

• Why wouldn't you just tell her? Lying would be more cruel.

• Better to cut short a long pain, since you are going to tell her, then tell her directly and ask if she would like to meet you and have a heart to heart...

• I wouldn'gt answer her and wait until you can see her just the two of you.

• I would say...I just think we need to talk

What Guys Said 3

• lol no you should say "NAILED THAT ONE BABY"

• no, just tell her you want to speak to her in person. you shouldn't text message breakup. its just not correct

• If she's asked directly on a text message, then it's allowed to break up with her over text.

"Yes. I didn't want to do it over the phone. You deserve better than that. But since you ask, and I don't want to lie to you, yes."

Girls need to learn not to ask a question that they don't want an honest answer to.

• If she's asked on text then yes you are allowed to reply honestly on text