My girlfriend texted me asking if I'm going to break up with her? And I was planning to, should I say yes?

She texted me, "are you breaking up with me?" and yes I was planning on it. I didn't want to do it over a text or on the phone since that's not the right way to do it. What do I say? Should I tell her the truth?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are going to break up with her, do it in person. Just ask her to meet up with you or tell her you guys need to talk.

0|1
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Why wouldn't you just tell her? Lying would be more cruel.

0|0
    0|0
  • Better to cut short a long pain, since you are going to tell her, then tell her directly and ask if she would like to meet you and have a heart to heart...

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn'gt answer her and wait until you can see her just the two of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say...I just think we need to talk

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• lol no you should say "NAILED THAT ONE BABY"

0|0
    0|0
  • no, just tell her you want to speak to her in person. you shouldn't text message breakup. its just not correct

0|0
    0|0
  • If she's asked directly on a text message, then it's allowed to break up with her over text.

"Yes. I didn't want to do it over the phone. You deserve better than that. But since you ask, and I don't want to lie to you, yes."

Girls need to learn not to ask a question that they don't want an honest answer to.

1|0
    0|0
    • If she's asked on text then yes you are allowed to reply honestly on text