Dump before you cheat?

What is a difference between a guy/girl if they dump their mate before they cheat than a guy/girl who stays with their mate and cheat and screw as many as they want?

What if the mate dump that person to just screw other people? not necessarily for a special someone?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• While it doesn't seem like much difference at first glance, I have more respect for someone who will break up with someone first. I mean if they're leaving their other for someone new, then at least they're being honest about it. They're not two timing the one they're dating. They recognize that they're not happy with what they have and they're ending it. It's not pretty, but it's a lesser evil.

Now let's be clear here. Would you prefer that your other is the kind of guy who stays with you, and fucks around on the side with whoever? Would you prefer that if it just meant that your other stays with you in the end, even if your other is still fucking around? Is that really preferable? Or is it more preferable that your other would end it before things got ugly?

Think about that a sec. If you can tell yourself what you'd prefer, then you know the answer already. In the mean time, I hope this helped you out.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 3

• The difference is in there mate and how they will be hurt for many a relationship after. Its always better to break up before you move on. I would expect the same from them. But, if you find out they are cheating on you over and over because you now have an STD it could be game changing to say the least.

• If they dumped their mate, then they did not love in the first place. So, it does not matter. It would hurt the mate less this way.

• the guy who cheats has one more bitch to screw... simple math really

What Girls Said 3

• My guy friend told me that if they have the urge to cheat on their girlfriend that is enough to break up with them because it means that they have lost feelings for there girlfriend. I can see this tho I mean if I wanted to cheat on my boyfriend I would take that as a red flag, but I guess if its really bad they cheat before they breakup... although on this point my best guy friend cheats on girls when his ready to break up cause he can't be bothered actually breaking up with them (disgusting I know!)

• Its the better way to go. If you care at all for anyone's feelings, you will let them go before you step out of the relationship with someone else.

• big difference. if he dumps you before cheating, it's not cheating anymore.