Does time heal all wounds?

Or do you just think that's it's nothing short of a myth? Why or why not?

149

Most Helpful Girl

• There's a quote about by Rose Kennedy that I agree with.

"It has been said that time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue, and the pain lessens, but it is never gone."

What Girls Said 13

• Time soothes the burn, fades the scar, and dries the blood that's on you.

• Some will remain till the day I die and some I have forgiven. SO on the contrary, time does not heal ALL woulds, however it does have an effect on a person if they let it. It's what you do with our time that will either help you forget it or help you keep hating whoever did whatever to you. So I think the healing process needs some commitment to staying busy and also telling oneself that life is too short to always hate, that sometimes you have to forget and not necessarily forgive.

• It depends on the wound and where it is. If you cause damage and hurt a relationship, that type of wound may never heal if it's not treated properly. Emotional pain will eventually heal over. Now rape cases, and near murder victims, those wounds may not heal.

• I think we choose how long our wounds will heal and we choose when to reopen wounds. It just depends on what you will 'live and let live' or whether you hold the grudge the rest of your life.

• Depends on the type of people involved. There are people in my family who still bring up crap that happened 20 or 30 years ago, and get all riled up over it even though it's been that long.

• Yes and no. Time heals/ masks most wounds . some wounds are so deep that they need to be adressed and delt with. Otherwise we get in repeating the same mistakes over and over.that how we grow and mature as human beings.

• I have been through some really tough things and yes, time helps all wounds. But sometimes the worst wounds leave scars which make you think about the things again from time to time. Just like the flesh, the heart and the mind need time to heal. I am not going to sugar coat it and tell you that it is easy or it will heal. But time definitely will decrease the depth of the damage and if you are lucky you will find a new strength or something else that will make you all the better for it.

• Depends on the person. Some people don't allow themselves to heal. It's like they pick at the wound, therefore, it does not heal.

• I agree with what tohrment and Deft_maiden said. Time might heal the wound, but I think there are always scars left. But then some issues really need to be addressed before they are "healed".

• Time heals the wound, but the pain leaves some scars.

• no. not every wound is easily healed if ignored. some are just too deep /:

• No I don't believe that.

• yes as you age your experiences, priorities, concerns change and the old things that made you upset don't matter anymore and you probably don't even have time for that

What Guys Said 9

• it depends on the person, some people have such strong pride that they won't let something go where they was hurt badly. other people have much less problems letting something go.

• Its a myth it has been 2 years and I haven't got over how bad this girl humilliated me. I mean I have my own life and everything, and I still flirt with other girls, but it was one of those moments that marked me and since that day I am somebody completely different.

• Some things do fade away...but more stronger events might not...for that you have to make up you mind about those things.

• Time heals all--but a lot of people keep their wounds fresh, so they can never heal.

• if its about a break up, you will feel better over time, depends on how much you cared for "Ex" how much "better" you will feel, however, I think finding a new girl/guy will heal your wounds much faster

• Well I don't see amputees regenerating lost limbs everywhere...

• no because if you loose an arm or leg it won't grow back.

• No. Time heals most wounds, but some just can't be fixed.

• Myth. It heals most, not all. Some you have to work on yourself.