Am I meant to be with him?

Do things really happen for a reason or is it possible that you are meant to be with the person who broke your heart?

This guy who I was with for 6 months broke my heart and said it was better if we stayed friends. Its been 3 months and I'm still not over it. I just miss being happy knowing that there is someone who would give anything to be there for me. I know that everyone says you will find someone else who will take his place and what not, but I can't help but think, what if it wasn't meant to end like it did? I always wonder if he ever regrets ending things, he doesn't like to express how he feels so I never know. We are both busy now with exams coming up, but he still sees and talks to his other friends. Is he maybe doing it to keep his mind off things?

I just really feel like it shouldn't have ended like this and that we had so much more ahead of us. With other guys, I have been over it in about a month, but this time its taking so much longer. I hate feeling like this. I don't know what I should do. Should I talk to him or leave it? He always seems like he never wants to talk, but he could just be afraid of being too open.

Please help.

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• If he always seems like he doesn't want to talk, then it's probably best to leave him be.

I also think it would probably be best to cut off contact with him. That can be hard if you go to the same school, but avoid him as much as possible. You're probably having a hard time moving on because you're always being reminded of him/your relationship with him. Avoid him, and focus on yourself. Learn to be happy being single, and then you won't feel as hopeless every time a relationship of yours ends.