Is there hope he stills loves me and we'll get back together?

My boyfriend of a year and 1/2 broke up with me on Saturday. He stated the reason he did so was because he was really busy and didn't have time for me. I didn't see that as a reason to break up so I asked if he still loved me, he said he did but not as much as he used to, even though just last week he told me he loved me more than he ever had before. So why? I don't understand this. The only reason I'm not moving on is because everyone has been telling me that he's really stressed out at school, and only focusing on it, so maybe he just wanted to make me hate him, so that I wouldn't worry about why he wasn't contacting me? I really don't know. He said he's been thinking about it for a while, and that he was sorry he ever gave me a ring to symbolize his love for me. But then he says that it wasn't a mistake and that he meant it when he gave it to me. It's like he doesn't know which story to tell.

Also I asked for a last hug, and he agreed. We hugged multiple times while I cried, and he wiped away my tears and hugged me. So do I still have hope? Is he telling me everything or is there something else? He assured me it wasn't another girl, and he's always been an honest person so I do not think he would lie about that.

Do I wait a little while and contact him? I love him so much and miss him terribly. What am I supposed to do?

01

What Guys Said 1

• Although it's easier said than done, you need to let him go and move on. If stress at school had been his only problem, he would have talked to you about it and leaned on you for support. Guys who are really feeling it for their girlfriends don't confuse them with contradictory statements, and they certainly don't dump them.

Having said that, I'm sure he cares about your feelings, and he doesn't want to see you hurt more than absolutely necessary. But that doesn't mean he wants to stay with you. He did what he felt needed to be done; once that happens, there's no going back.

What Girls Said 0