How to break up with him, when I'm all he has?

my boyfriend and I broke up last week (it was my doing) because were just not compatible and I don't have any chemistry with him. he got really angry, but then apologized and then he said he wanted to be friends which turned into us "trying things out" again...aka essentially being back in a relationship I don't want to be in. I agreed to it because I felt bad and I do know him better than anyone else in the world, including his family (because of secrets he's told me).

but fact is I just want to be single, and I don't know how to get out of this situation. I know its my fault for getting unofficially back together but I just really need some help getting out, but for real this time.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to end this ASAP; just tell him straight up that you two are finished, and that it needs to be a clean break -- no "let's be friends" nonsense. Yes, his feelings will be hurt, but he's a big boy; he'll get over it. It's a waste of his time -- and yours -- if you stay with him despite a total lack of interest in him.

What Guys Said 1

• I used to be in the same situatinon. My (at time girlfriend) broke-up with her boyfriend for me, we stayed together for one month.., afther that month she dumped me for him once again. But the best part was her excuse: "I just think I belong with him and he's all I have, I feel so responsable for him..." and it only lasted for an other 6 months, what a joke! .. I, I was heartbroke.

What Girls Said 2

• he might just be trying to make you feel bad, I know this from experience. My ex boyfriend was talking to me about all of his family problems after we broke up and he was saying he just wanted to die and all this stuff, but it came down to him trying to guilt me into the relationship. Its okay to be just friends, but make sure you tell him you only want to be friends and make that clear and if he doesn't understand that and tries to make it more than just break it off with him.

• you have to outright completely ignore him like he isn't there and don't call or text or talk to him, and act like he doesn't exist. Go on and talk about how he isn't right to you to friends and hopefully he'll hear of it.