Is he just choosing the safer girl?

I have an ex that I just recently started talking to.

He was the first guy that I fell in love with, and I don't even know the real reason why we broke up.

He is dating someone new now, and since we started talking again we also started hanging out again.

We talk every single day and when we hang out, he'll drop me off at home, he'll get out of his care and he'll hug me really tight for at least 10 minutes or more.

When we hug he puts his hands all over me, all over my back, all over my stomach, all over my thighs, just everywhere.

I just don't know what to think! I'm so different from the girls that he usually dates. I'm not scared to stand up for myself, I will argue with him when I know he's wrong, so to sum it up I pretty much do whatever I want,

The girls he is use to dating are girls that he can control, girls that will listen to him and girls that will suck up to him even though they know he is in the wrong. He is use to girls being the doormat in the relationship.

So what I'm wondering is, do you think that he actually does like me but is just not ready do commit to me because he knows I am so much more different then his usual girlfriends and just not ready to take that risk with me?

He has told me recently that he cares for me and doesn't want to lose me ever again and that HE doesn't really even know why he broke up with me, but still won't break up with his girlfriend. That's what makes me think, does he just think that his girl now is just more of the safer choice?

We didn't even have a legit reason to break up in the first place, and I'm thinking maybe I just got to difficult for him because he's not use to girls being so independent and he's use to girls just being more... easy?

this link is the EXACT situation what I'm trying to describe. link

11

Most Helpful Guy

• I thik you've diagnosd it well, he prefers to be with girls he can dominate. That's not likely to ever change, so be aware.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• You are who you are, and don't ever change for a guy. He should love you for you whatever challenges face, if your thinking this now what are you going to think in the future when you have bigger arguments. People should be able to deal with it and people with this type of personality are rarely going to change. If you say he's still got a girlfriend, I would get out and make him come to you when he's single and wants you! there's nothing wrong with standing up for yourself and you will find a guy who loves you for that :)