How to break up with "perfect" guy?

how do you break up with a guy who is practically perfect for you (on paper) but the chemistry just isn't there? my boyfriend is the world's greatest guy, but I know he's not the right guy for me, and he deserves someone who feels the same way about him. the problem is that he's really into me...we've been together for 4 months, and he's already talking about marriage.

what do I say to him?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• You know I think you are exactly what I'm looking for but without that spark. I didn't feel like we clicked at first and I was hoping that it would change with time. But the longer it goes on the more unfair it is to you for dragging you through this. I feel the same the first day we met and I doubt I'll feel that longing like you read about or see in movies.

I actually had to say something similar to a girlfriend once. She continued being my girlfriend for a few more months until she finally broke it off.

What Guys Said 2

• He's not perfect; otherwise, it would be really dumb of you to let him go. Just give it to him straight. No tell him that he is too perfect, or there is nothing wrong with him or try to be gentle. It is what it is. You don't like him like that anymore.

• i mean if he is a perfect guy then what's the problem , there is nothing wrong with talking about marriage. most girls will kill to have a guy like that, you need to wake up, cause all you girls say is all I can't find the right guy and when you do their is something always wrong, I bet if you do break it off, in the late future you will beg to get back with him when your ass grows up

• you could be right, but at 22 I'm just not ready to settle down. I'm about to graduate college and I have my whole life ahead of me and he's 25 and in a different place in life. I KNOW that whatever girl he dates or even marries will be the luckiest of all, but he's just not right for ME so it's unfair if I keep him in a relationship that has gone on for 4 months and I've never felt any spark or chemistry with him, and that's important in a relationship and marriage to feel that...at least to me

• dam you never felt the spark at all with him, why did you even began a relationship with him, I think you did because you just wanted someone to talk to or he could have been a rebound

What Girls Said 3

• I just had to do the exact same thing 2 weeks ago. It was TOUGH! I couldn't eat right for a week. But it was what I had to do. He even told me that he loved me when we had our last goodbye chat. In the end you have to do what is right for you. It is gonna suck, but you will feel better after some time. I feel better and still believe it was the right thing to do.

• send him this Q

• Exactly what you said on here, tell him you're sorry and that it isn't working out, even though he is perfect in every way and you couldn't have found a better guy but its just not working out between us...

Just be honest with him.