Tell ex boyfriend I'm dating?

I called it off with a guy two weeks ago that I had been seeing for two months. I have met another guy that I like, but we are still only hanging out getting to know each other.

I posted on FB that its funny how people can spend so much time thinking of the right thing to say, but when it comes time to say it, you don't have the words. Well, the ex guy saw this and texted my BFF asking if I was seeing someone else. Her and I are in a tough spot, mostly her. I don't want him to know about the new guy because the ex guy told me he loved me when I broke it off with him.

What is the best least-lie I can tell her to tell him? I REALLY don't want to hurt his feelings anymore than I already have.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him the truth. Yes, you may hurt his feelings, but it is better to just hurt his feelings now, because he will be mad and hurt a lot more when he finds out you lied to him. And if you two are just hanging out as friends for now, then you aren't seeing anyone anyway. But don't hide that you are hanging out with the new guy, because that will hurt your ex more. If you are just friends, then what's to hide? He will think you were more than friends, even thought you aren't, if you hide it.

What Guys Said 2

• Tell the truth. At best you hurt his feelings. At worst, you lie and he finds out and ends up having no respect for you on top of hating you.

• Just be honest with him. Yeah, it may hurt, but there's no worse feeling than being lied to and finding out later that you've been lied to.

What Girls Said 1

• tell him your just friends and you just hanging out, but your close friends,