How to separate yourself from a girl you like?

And doesn't like you? I thought for sure I had a shot, I mean all the signs were there, and even though she hasn't said explicitly she doesn't like me, it seems like she just wants me to be her friend, not her boyfriend (which is strange, since there aren't many ways I'm being a "friend" to her). The problem here is that I see her at school and when we do interact, we flirt and everything---that's just how we interact. But I don't want to do that anymore because that will keep me thinking I have a chance, when I don't.

Making this more difficult is that I can't help but feel we would've been great together, so it really feels like a missed opportunity.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh man the SAME EXACT THING happened to me a couple months ago. I accepted the fact she didn't want more when she dropped the words "your a great guy but..." you know the rest, wouldn't you know it next semester for summer class I found my now girlfriend 5 months later still together.

Honestly I know that feeling of thinking you still have a chance but read carefully if a girl likes you SHE WON'T LEAVE IT TO CHANCE. The hardest part for me was accepting the fact that there are other girls out there, plenty of them!

What Girls Said 1

• I'm sorry the feelings aren't mutual. I think the best thing you can do is cut contact with her. Even if you do see her in school, don't talk to her, or it will only serve as a constant reminder. Focus your time on other productive things (school, work, friends), and make an effort to meet other girls as well (though I wouldn't make this a priority -- just don't close yourself off from meeting new people).

Good luck.

• what if she comes up to me? Like I said to the guy below, despite me trying to not look at her, she'll come up and flirt/tease and make it easy to slip into the pattern again.

• Tell her to stop. If she isn't interested in you, she shouldn't be flirting with you, especially if she knows that you have feelings for her. I think you need to be blunt with her about it, though that can be difficult sometimes.

What Guys Said 2

• Talk to her about it, it's the only real way to do it. I've been in the same situation and I still slightly am because I can't get my mind off of her and don't have the balls to do talk to her about it because I still like her that much. I'm going out with her again tomorrow and I'm an idiot to do it.

I really saw us together as well, but you can't force someone to like you as much as you like them. Talk to her and tell her that you don't want to do the flirting and such anymore but try to stay friends and have a good time with a good friend. Try not to keep it hanging like I'm doing at the moment :)

• Just act like nothing happened, worked for me.

• Oh, I acted like that, but what's making things difficult is, like I said, she still continues to come up and flirt/tease me.

• Some girls are just like that, if you really want to her to stop, just ignore her, cut off all connections to her, I had to do that to one of my lady friends, because if I couldn't be with her I don't want to be around her and she had the exact personality as your friend. If you want to keep her as a friend, maybe talking to her about it and how it makes you uncomfortable when she flirts with you, or you could try and find another girl to take your mind off her.