Why do people cheat in a long term relationship?

Is there a specific reason? Do they feel guilty? is the woman just hotter?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• People cheat because they are not getting their needs met, and because for some reason they feel unable/unwilling to leave their present relationship.

For some, their 'need' is a variety of sexual partners, in which case they should recognize that monogamy is not for them.

As for why they are unable/unwilling to leave, they may be afraid to be alone, which I don't have much sympathy for ... or maybe they have kids and don't want to be part time parents.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• Because they are idiots who can't control themselves. And it depends on the person who is cheating on the exact reason they do it and how they feel about it afterward. And no the woman is not always hotter...have you seen the Governator's mistress? link

• when I asked this question to one of my friend, he answered me "people get bored of eating the same meal always"...

• Cheaters don't need a trigger or an excuse to cheat. It's in their blood like that. A decent man/woman would definitely leave their partners before turning to another one.