How should I cope/respond to unexpectedly running into my ex?

I ran into my ex unexpectedly last night. (He broke up with me, but it wasn't a bad break up.) My brain shut down, and I didn't know how to react, so I just waved, barely said hey, and kept walking the other direction. I feel like I should have talked to him. Two questions: 1) How do I cope? I feel like it hurt my healing process. 2) Should I text/call him...or keep ignoring him?

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I find that if you text/call it gets your hopes up for something to happen and can really hurt when it doesn't. SO I wouldn't text or call... what you did do was perfectly acceptable :)

How to cope? Keep moving on, don't do things that were special to only the two of you, do enjoy time with your friends and do try new things. It'll keep you fresh :)

• I don't think you did anything wrong.

How should you cope? do whatever makes you happy and comfortable. Personally, I wouldn't even look at him. Others would greet and talk. Whatever suits you :)