Falling out of love with a married man?

So, about 4 months ago I started a new job as well as a new affair. It was fun in the beginning, but now there are feelings and other factors I just can't handle, and neither can he. That being said, it's hard for either one of us to stay away. We see each other everyday (at work) so it's hard to keep our distance. Our encounters have become more scarce, which makes it unbearably hard on me. He's not using me for sex, he does have feelings for me and I think that's why it's so hard for me to let go. Any advice on how to fall out of love with him, and focus my attention elsewhere?

11

What Guys Said 1

• There's no magical shortcut to the break-up process; you just have to sever ties, keep your social calendar full and let time heal the emotional wounds. However, there's a much bigger issue here: You had an affair with a married man! What were you thinking? The #1 rule in dating is that the other person has to be available; he wasn't available, so you should have moved on before anything ever began. One of the most important character traits I look for in a woman is integrity. A man who cheats on his girlfriend or wife doesn't have any integrity; neither does a woman who has an affair with that man when she knows he is cheating.

What Girls Said 1

• maybe put yourself in his wife's situation. You have to realize that he is married, and that you can find a man that will totally be yours and not just have you on the side. good luck