Why is my ex so bothered? I really need some male perspective on this situation please

me and my ex split about 5 months ago we had a very intense relationship and we were either crazy in love or hated each other no real middle ground. he descided we split saying he was confused but he was intent on staying friends, I moved to a different town so we didn't have to see each other so I agreed.

he is a player when single will have a lot of girls in his life, which made me wonder why he was so keen on keeping our friendship as I'm no longer around anyway to feed his ego.

i still love him so have tried to fade this friendship out as I find it hard. we havnt spoke for a few weeks and he left me a voice mail saying it annoys his that I havnt called it feels like he is the only one that makes an effort and he thinks I don't care about him anymore.

my question why is he so bothered? he has another girl in his life or maybe more than one why can't he let me go? is it a game or does he really care?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• I think maybe he's emotionally attached to you or maybe you mean more to him than you realize. You said you argeed to be friends but it seems that you think that if you are not going out with him there's no nedd to talk, that's not a friendship. I remained friends with a girl I didn't get along with when we were going out too. We bacame good friends. If you don't wanna be friends with him then just be honest and tell him. I think for him to keep calling you means he cares about you, it doesn't mean he's playing games. Couldn't he geniunely just care about you and want to be in your life weather you are together or not, is that so hard to believe?

• maybe its just I've always been told men don't really want to be friends with ex's unless there's an alterier motive. reason I'm distant is like I said earlier I still love him and find it hard so I'm slowly distancing myself from him, yet he won't let me go even though he was the one who said he didn't want to be with me, and I'm just confused on whether to cut ties or really try to make it work

What Guys Said 4

• cut this guy out fo your life and stop dating men similar to him, you will be much happier. he is a classic douch bag!

• Maybe in his mind it's important to end things on good terms. Maybe he wants to keep his options open, in case there's a chance you two will get back together at some point. Regardless, it doesn't sound like there's much of a friendship there. Ask yourself this: "If we were such great friends, why did we split up?" It might be best to consider completely severing ties with him at this point, especially if you have no intention of getting back together with him.

• Guys only wants to keep friends with their ex when they're jerks that wants free sex once in a while or they're still in love.

• i live in a different city to him now so it can't be sex, do you think he could still be in love? or just wants to use me for emotional gratification?

• i think he still cares. possibly afraid to let you go in a way. maybe he's trying to move on but he cant. you should just try to talk to him about why you to split anyway.

What Girls Said 0