How long does it take to get over a broken heart?

Well I guess its all in the question above just wondering cause me and my girlfriend just broke up.

Shes making it really hard to get over her. She just texted me and said I'm still her guy she just wants to be single for awhile. I'm so confused

90

Most Helpful Girl

• If by getting over you mean not hurting/crying/feeling depressed. That usually takes me about 2 to 3 weeks. from that point on, I may have my weak days, but for the most part I'm able to laugh,smile, and live my life again. My thoughts aren't entirely consumed by him.

BUT at the same time that's not to say that I'm ready to see somebody else and lost to urge to get back together with him. All of that usually happens a good 6 months after the breakup. The 2-3 weeks thing just means that iv accepted the breakup to the point that I won't be 100% devastated if I never get my happy ending.

But that's just me!

• Thanks I think it would be a little easier for Jenifer she would've flat out broke up with me but she said she just wanted to be single a while and called me an amazing person.

• Also you might get tempted to avoid everything that reminds you of her...but dont. Because everything will. I'm going through a tough time too and I'm finding that facing things that bring back the memories help me to move on. Its like I'm not afraid of reality anymore and eventually I'm able to smile and just cherish rather than smile and cry. What's meant to be will be and everything happens for a reason. just keep your head up

• Thanks a lot cause that's exactly what I'm doing so ill have to change that.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm not sure but I have been single for a year at least once because I had to take the time to get over what that individual did to me. it can take a while if you don't have much relationship experience like I did at that point but I was busy so I kept my mind pre occupied with other things.

• ahhhh god same question I asked myself when he broke my heart..well no one knows..takes people longer than others

in decemeber we broke up..and I'm still not done

and mostly because he contacted me afterr 5 months.. more on that here --

https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=sgRb_lfIZ6A&feature=player_embedded

appriciate the help ;)

but basically you won't know..all you need to do is keep yourself busy and slowly it will go away :)

• depends on how deeply in love you were, and how good you are with dealing with your emotions. for me, it takes an eternity to get over a broken heart.

• Lets just say that she was my first love and you would do anything for her.

• Haha thanks probably the first time I've smiled since we broke up thanks

• aww you're very welcome :)

• For me it took half of time we spent together. Say, I dated 6 months in a 3 months I realized that I even don't think about him. Get over it, you will meet so many girls, life is just about to begin for for you.

• burn everthing she gave you

• InMyHeart is exactly right. It depends on what the relationship was like and how you cope with pain. For me, it's been five months since I lost the man who I thought I'd be with forever. I'm not even close to being okay yet. I thought I was doing better, but our song came on the radio. All the memories rushed back.

• Yeah that's how I am every time I think I'm getting better something reminds me of her.

• Yeah, he kept acting like we were dating, and it got really confusing. I finally decided that if he wanted me, he'd be with me.

• the first time I got my heart broken, it took me 1year and a half to get over it

and then I've fall in love for another guy like I never did before... and this 2 last weeks have been the most difficult weeks of my life (i've been trough my 2nd heart break), it feels like the same as scratching a wound - keeps hurting and never heals!

• it takes time you have to get out there and find something to do, find something new to focus on, career get a new job etc

• Thanks just wondering because everything reminds me of her right now.

• its normal, we all go through heartbreak..its part of life, no one gets their first love, you just have to be strong and move on, know that there is someone way better out there made for u

What Guys Said 0