I Broke Up With My Girlfriend, But I Want Her Back.

Hi there,

I broke up with my ex of 3 years back in May for many different reasons. Fighting, Money, Too Clingy, Etc. Since our break up, we have been in constant contact with each other on a regular bases and it has been good. Talk and spending time together, I still love her very much, as she loves me. Also since we have broken up, she has been asking for us to be back together. I kept telling her that I needed space to "find myself". During this time of searching of 7 months, I realized that I haven't been as happy since we actually broke up, and that I think about her more or more. Only recently have I actually realized how much I miss being in a relationship with her and want to give it another go.. The only problem is that in this same recent amount of time she has started hanging out with a guy friend from her work that she has admittedly said she has a "crush" on. At first I told her it was a great idea because she should get out there and have fun, and at the same time, I didn't realize that I wanted her back. I thought I was helping..

Now, she said she has only hung out with him 3 times, 2 times seeing a movie with him at the theatre "as friends", and the most recent time she had him over to her place to watch a movie.

So now I'm coming to her and saying that I'm ready to start working things out 1 on 1, and she is now telling me that she's confused and doesn't want to date anyone. She is happy being single and wants to live the single life to "find herself". Now you can call me jealous, which I am, but this isn't the reason why I am chasing her to be back with me. I don't know what to do. I never realized how jealous I actually was until this other guy turned up.

Now obviously with ever relationship and break up, its a huge complicated story.. and I really don't want to get into it. Basically we have known each other for close to 10 years and have spent a lot of those 10 years close together. I have never been cheated on her, but I have been 1 to lie. Some big some small. But none to ever hurt her. The thing with her is that she is afraid of me hurting her again with my petty lies, which I admit I need to stop, and am trying.. I know trust is everything in a relationship. But now I'm afraid of losing her or that I have already lost her. She tells me that I have her heart, I just need to show her that I can keep it and prove to her that I have changed. I just don't want to be used like a cheap toy, and working hard to show her how much of a better man that I can be while she has fun with this other guy..

I really don't know what I should do... I need some help here...
2
2