My ex has a new girlfriend?

my ex has a new girlfriend - they've been together about a month and a half. but he continues to text me constantly asking to see me so we can 'talk' about us...I've told him I'm not even going to consider it while he's with someone else. I said either end it, or stop contacting me and move on.

was this too harsh?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• You're being very smart. Generally guys will do that just to see what they can get away with, usually the very immature guys. It's good to show him that you're serious and you're not interested unless he's serious too. I wish I had done the same thing as you when I was in that situation. Always put yourself first.

What Guys Said 2

• No, you are firm and that is correct. That shows people that you are a humanbeing and that you are not a toy of amusement... you have feelings to. "We all got to protect ourselves somehow"

• No, there was nothing wrong with your reaction. Your ex needs to look up the word "exclusive" in the dictionary.

What Girls Said 3

• no you need to move on. Stay away from him because he has a new girlfriend. If he still like you he wouldn't on so fast.

• Nope. I think you're being perfectly reasonable.

Seems like he wants to eat the cake, and you're making him make a choice.

Much better than letting him chat you up while he's got a girlfriend. Also lets you see what his priorities are.

• I don't think so because it shows that you are not willing to be his SIDEDISH! while he is messing around with his MAINCHICK!

Keep it going...