How to get an ex back?

My ex broke up with me about a year ago because I left to study abroad for a year. He actually asked me to just stay beside him, but it's my dream to study abroad so I asked him to be understanding. In the end, he asked for a break up. I tried to talk things out and told him that I'd fly back during vacations and he said OK. But after that, he wouldn't contact me first and I finally realized that he didn't want to keep a LDR at all, and I was upset so I said if you take us so passively then let's just break up. And he said OK. After a while I actually texted him, saying that I still like him and stuff but he just replied and said he didn't feel the same.

After that, we didn't contact each other anymore. Now that I'm almost done with my studies, I still miss him dearly. How can I get in touch with him again? Would it be creepy if I suddenly call him? Or would it be better if I send him a letter or an email?
+1 y
I forgot to say that I was pretty harsh in the end when he said he doesn't feel the same. I actually said things like if you meet another girl, please don't do the same to her, it hurts so much, blablabla. And he replied "ok, got it." And that's the last thing we talked about.

I know I should move on but sometimes it's just not as easy as it's said. I really really miss him and couldn't open up to any other guys.
How to get an ex back?
1
1