Do guys bother hanging out alone (and pay) with girls they're not interested in?

I have a huge crush on this guy, but I don't know if he likes me back...

-we will hang out and go to movies and dinner and coffee together (there's always a fight over who will pay, he usually wins and ends up paying)

-but when we first started hanging out, he kept mentioning his two exes (which automatically lead me to believe he wasn't into me because if he were then he wouldn't talk to m about other girls), he doesn't bring them up anymore at all in conversations though, it was just the first few times

-he keeps talking about relationships with me and asking if I have a boyfriend yet or if I'm still too busy enjoying the single life etc. and keeps telling me he thinks I should start dating

-we used to text all the time, and he would call me almost every day... but now sometimes he goes days/ a week without contacting me (I am the first to text sometimes, but I'm a firm believer in the guys doing the chasing lol)

-we have an amazing time together but I feel like he's sending me mixed signals... so I have no idea what to take from it... what do you guys think?
1
1