I beat her... Or so she says

So me and my ex have been broken up for about two months now. She was cheating, we were long distance, it was just all bad. We have/had a bunch of mutual friends who I was pretty close with that live where she does and right after we broke up they almost all stopped talking to me. I thought this was odd mostly because I was closer with many of them than she was. So after going to visit to see all my old pals, collect all of my stuff she had, and figure out what is going on, I find out the reason they stopped talking to me is because I was horrible boyfriend who beat her and that's why she broke up with me... That's right, I was nice and didn't tell anyone that she was cheating on me so I broke up with her but she went and told everyone that I was abusive.

So aside from being completely f***ing insane, why would someone make up sh*t like that? Of course I tried to call her after I found this out, but to no avail. However, on the brightish side there are now a bunch of people who won't talk to her once I cleared the air and showed some of our chats. I just don't get how a grown ass women could do that to someone she "loved".

And just to say this, despite it should not need saying. I never hit her, verbally abused her, or even cursed in her presence (yeah, I went old school gentleman on her)

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Props to you for your class. You don't see that much anymore.

Why would she say/do that?

1) She's dishonest.

2) She's manipulative

3) She's trying to discredit you. She doesn't want anyone to know she cheated and so she's now trying to make sure no one will believe anything you say by making you out to be a wifebeating douche bag.

4) She's one of those people that care more for appearance than substance (obviously).

Don't know either you or her, but that seems to be the gist of what's going on.