Why does he keep apologizing?

My ex broke up with me a month ago because he said that he felt it was unfair that I love him and he doesn't love me. We agreed to be friends. We can't even have simple conversations without it leading back to him being sorry. He tells me all the time that he's really sad and that he misses me but there's been no move to get back into the relationship. I've told him numerous times that it was okay and that he didn't need to feel bad that I was happy we could at least be friends, it doesn't seem to matter he still says, he's sorry all the time. I don't get why he keeps apologizing.

11

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he is a genuinely nice guy who cares for your feelings. You did take it well when he told you he didn't love you but I think he is just making sure because he did start to care for you as a person. Don't confuse an apology with love because if he had the courage to tell you he doesn't not love you he really doesn't. Men don't say that for nothing.