Ladies, what is it that truly peaks interest (or doesn't) when getting to know someone?

What type of actions or moves do you ladies feel are appropriate when meeting new guys? Which moves do you feel are too aggressive or not aggressive enough? This goes for any scenario. (text, over the phone, or in-person)

I think this would be helpful for guys with a low success rate or not having much luck dating women and trying to get back into scene.

80

Most Helpful Girl

• I like when a guy is genuine and a gentleman. I really hate when they come off as aggressive and very pushy. I like continual conversation, both in person and over phone/text. I like when a guy makes a consistency of talking to me and getting to know me.

Red flags for me are when guys start touching on a first or second date. I prefer guys don't do the arm around my back or kisses or whatnot on a first date. I rather just hug after a first date because it shows he has some interest but is respectful. I also hate when the conversation of sex comes up. I think a guy should let a girl handle that. Yes, I want him to make the move but I will subconsciously drop subtle hints to show that I am ready in my own time. I also hate when a guy offers to go to a bar as a date. That just gives me the hint that he either frequents bars (I don't) or he is trying to get me drunk.

Honestly, just be yourself. Just hang out as friends, don't expect it to be a date. You are much more genuine that way and you don't feel like you need to gauge her interest in you. Rather, be respectful and don't come off as aggressive. I think girls would be more interested and in-tuned, I know I would be :)

Oh and ps, do NOT take your cell phone out during a date. I saw the best photo where a guy said he didn't know what kind of phone she had after the second date. How amazing would that be!