Is cutting off all ties with my ex too extreme?

We rarely talk anymore. I would like to continue being in her life, but I think I only want that for the small chance I could get back with her.

A little back story, after our brief relationship, she told me she was pregnant. She was sure it was her ex's, who she left me for. But never got tested, I kept contact because I like her and I never thought the baby was his, I never asked for a test, I didn't feel that was my place and she seemed happy saying it was her ex's. But I wanted the baby to be mine. And I told her she had my support. Time past and we talked less and less, at one point she stopped returning my texts, turns out she got a new phone number and didn't tell me. As often happens things cycled back around and she tried talking to me again, so I got her new number and then she slowly stopped talking to me again.

A few days ago I saw her post to Facebook that her ex (who left her for another girl and had a baby by her during this) was saying her baby wasn't hers. I sent a message on Facebook (I deleted her number a while back) saying I was here for her, and she sent back a "thank you" A few days later she posted to Facebook that she got a test and the baby is her ex's and I feel hurt, she tells Facebook this but not me, and now that I know the baby is her ex's I just want to tell her what a horrible person she is, and cut off all ties, is this right? what should I be feeling? what should I do? if anything.

82

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you have every right to be pissed off and to not want to speak to her. You can tell her how you feel but really I think you should just leave her and cut off all ties, she's not adding any positivity to your life so why let her hurt you anymore? The only reason I think you should keep contact is if you believe she didn't actually get the child tested and he/she might be yours. If you want to find out, I don't think you should leave it or you may regret it later. If the kid is yours, you'd want to be there for them.

Otherwise, you need to move on from her and be happy because life is too short to let others pull you down and ruin what chance of happiness you have. Good luck.