Baby fever... Ever since I moved to Utah and saw the millions of young moms I have MAJOR baby fever

The mormons out here all want to get married and have kids by the age of 23 most women are on baby number 2. I am basically an outcast. I am 23, not married, and definitely without kids. I have been with my boyfriend for 8 months and in mormon terms... I should have been engaged and married after 3 months. Anyways, I'm not trying to bash mormons... MY POINT is that see all these young moms really kicks my hormones into overdrive and all I want is a baby now. My boyfriend thinks I am crazy. I know I'm not ready I want to have been working for a solid period of time and be able to go on a cruise and a trip to Europe before a baby comes.. but I just can't help but drive myself crazy with this extreme need/want to reproduce and have a baby. :) Anybody else have these problems? Anybody actually go as far as to have a baby because of their baby fever?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Its your natural instinct as a woman seeing all these moms have just made it concious to you. Just think about the baby could you really give your child the best life possible right now? You want things and need things that are necessarily good for you at one time or anther just use sheer will and self control maybe focus on the negatives of having children watch a movie with little kids that are out of control they break stuff cry and make a lot of messes you have to watch them all the time breast feed which I'm sure is painful I've heard it is.

Just try and keep your priorities straight and remember that its perfectly normal what your expressing I have felt this a guy seeing lots of babies but then I think of negatives and am like NUH UH just don't feel shameful about it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• You're just fine. Sometimes, rushing into having a baby will make you regret things later on.

Enjoy your unmarried life at the moment, and live life at its fullest.

0|0
    0|0
  • So?

Ignore the Mormons.

Simple.

Yes, women go have sex and have babies just because they can't help it. That's why we have an over population explosion in the world. 8 billion people isn't it?

0|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't let others dictate how you feel. Have a baby when the time is right, not because your mormon pals are having babies.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think you're crazy. I think your reaction to being surrounded by so many young mothers is entirely natural. But, the rational part of you knows that it would be better to wait. A baby is a big responsibility. It takes time, energy and money. You're never going to be 23 again. So, yeah, go travelling. Enjoy yourself. When you're ready to settle down and have kids, it'll feel extra special and good because you had the self-discipline to wait.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, it's right in your face and you want to fit in. I think raising a child is lonely and unhappy feelings, ESPECIALLY if your not financially or career set up.

These are the hardest times to have kids. It sucks money out of you. The birth of a child leaves your vagina bigger, and won't enjoy sex as you now do. Women say have a baby because they want you to be loose in your vagina, with stretch marks on your belly and tired with way less money and happiness then right now. They want you in their club, and your falling for it. Take it from somebody who knows. Be smart have no kids or wait til you have done a lot of living free.

1|1
    1|0
  • Don't do it

0|0
    0|0
  • Coming from someone with some serious baby fever, I know how you feel. And my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy too. It's hard to ignore your maternal instinct, but if it's not the right time to have a baby, then don't. Babies are hard work and we idealize them because we're not living with them and taking care of them. There is no cure for baby fever, unfortunately, but acknowledging that you have it is a good first step. Just remember to use birth control, and try to stay distracted with school and work. It helps! Maybe set a date for trying to start conceiving, with the assumption that your boyfriend and you stay together, for a few years in the future (No, you don't have to tell your man, or ask for his consent because it's all hypothetical). Hopefully that will make you be able to say "Only two more years until we try!" instead of feeling sad or hormonal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it! You are setting yourself up for a lifelong parasite you can never part from. Get the heck out of Utah, leave. Ur bf,explore the world, before making such a big decision.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes