Baby fever... Ever since I moved to Utah and saw the millions of young moms I have MAJOR baby fever

The mormons out here all want to get married and have kids by the age of 23 most women are on baby number 2. I am basically an outcast. I am 23, not married, and definitely without kids. I have been with my boyfriend for 8 months and in mormon terms... I should have been engaged and married after 3 months. Anyways, I'm not trying to bash mormons... MY POINT is that see all these young moms really kicks my hormones into overdrive and all I want is a baby now. My boyfriend thinks I am crazy. I know I'm not ready I want to have been working for a solid period of time and be able to go on a cruise and a trip to Europe before a baby comes.. but I just can't help but drive myself crazy with this extreme need/want to reproduce and have a baby. :) Anybody else have these problems? Anybody actually go as far as to have a baby because of their baby fever?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• Its your natural instinct as a woman seeing all these moms have just made it concious to you. Just think about the baby could you really give your child the best life possible right now? You want things and need things that are necessarily good for you at one time or anther just use sheer will and self control maybe focus on the negatives of having children watch a movie with little kids that are out of control they break stuff cry and make a lot of messes you have to watch them all the time breast feed which I'm sure is painful I've heard it is.

Just try and keep your priorities straight and remember that its perfectly normal what your expressing I have felt this a guy seeing lots of babies but then I think of negatives and am like NUH UH just don't feel shameful about it.