Helping graduating HS students. Am I wrong or am I right?

I am currently in a program called 12+, which helps graduating hs students go beyond hs on to college. Now to the point, we all have teams and we are in competition with other teams. So today I had a dispute with the director over the people that don't show up or care for the team. Mind you you are getting paid to show for only 10 class for one hour,which equates to almost $2,000 individually total if you complete the program and on top of that as a team, if we win we could get prizes such as tickets to a pro game like the 6ers or something or a cheesestake party, whatever we decide.

Now back to the dispute: I think the people who don't show up should be removed from our team and moved to different teams and I gave other people's names who I think will work well together with them or they could work together by themselves and become their own team. Now they've have so far missed two meetings, which means for them that if they miss another day, they don't recieve the benefits. I had a 'attitude' today because our director had to go out and get a member and two of the others had left for the day, mind you they only have one damn class, and their putting some petty ass mcy'd dollars before school so their not even passing, on top of that they worried about either p**** or sports. Our director believes that I should be motivating them and should bring a positive attitude to a messed up 'team', which I agree but so far by their actions they have said I don't give a damn, y'all not my only source of money for college, ect...

So at the end of the day I'm not going to motivate somebody that doesn't want to be motivated. And I look at it from a business prospective if I am an investor and I'm giving you money for your education which you don't have to pay back and all you got to do is show up, participate and in return you get 2,000 dollars and some... If you don't want it I will give it to someone who cares and is going to work for it or it's like me showin up for work and saying I'm not flipping no damn burgers today you can flip em your self... No ones going to hand anything to you in life and I think it's unfair that I work hard for mine while the slackers take my benefits.

I am going to treat them like the adults they are period! because in college ain't nobody going to be ringing your phone for a wake up call and tell you where you gotta be , I ain't they momma or nobody else's for that matter so... Am I wrong or am I right? What would you do?

06

Most Helpful Guy

• Pick better teammates to start with.

• Trust me, I didn't choose them and I'm stuck with them. I think I'm gonna be the worst teammate ever on purpose, just to piss everyone off since I'm pissed off.