I'm gonna break-up with my girlfriend but when?

I've decided it's over and I will not change my mind. But I still don't want to hurt her even more. Tomorrow will be our 3 month dating check point. Friday is her birthday. what should I do? Break up with her today? or on Monday? Will it be "kind" or cruel of me to delay the inevitable?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• for god sake break up before her birthday. just do it, and get it over and done with it. and don't do it over the phone or by text. just be kind about it. and don;t go and say its over and then just walk away. if she starts crying, then just go up to her and give a big hug and say sorry, but I am not happy with you. its sounds stupid but be a gentlemen about it.

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Yikes do it as soon as you possibly can, as long as you don't do it on her birthday.

2|1
    0|0
  • Either way it's going to hurt. You need to do what's best for you. If you're already mentally checked out, best to just git 'er done.

0|0
    0|0
  • The one thing I hated most about the tactless way my last longterm partner broke up with me was that he said "I've felt this way for a while". I felt it was deceptive and grossly unfair that I continued to waste my time and efforts on someone who wasn't invested at all.

Do it right now. Tell your partner the second you have doubts, otherwise you are letting them waste their time and energy for nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • as soon as possible save your time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Simple fact...she will be hurt regardless of when it happens. At least if its before her birthday you don't get into the gift giving scenario, which the gift will most likely end up in the trash after the break up. I say do it now, then her friends can take her out on her birthday to cheer her up.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes