Does a Facebook Relationship Status really matter?

I just got back with an ex that I dated 5 years ago. I always change my relationship status to "in a relationship with..." but he straight up told me last night when we got together that he doesn't want to change it because of certain people he has on his profile...

He's also a very private person, so I understand this. I trust him but part of me is afraid that he's hiding the relationship so he can try to meet other women...

It's so silly and I can't believe I feel like this, but does it really matter whether or not its on Facebook?
I guess I shouldn't have trusted him; He left his Facebook signed in on my computer and there were messages from him telling some girl that he loves her. So yeahhh...

66

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it does, If he won't change his relationship status because of "certain people," tough. He could leave it blank, but he'd better not put "single." That would be a deal breaker for me. If he wants to be with me, he has to own it. Facebook is such an important part of life, whether we think it's frivolous or not. I always change my status if I am in a relationship with someone. Always.

• So, if he wants to leave the status blank, that's okay I guess, but if he leaves it "single," you have a problem...

• Suspicion) is the guy is cheating, maybe a 7 if no cheating happened. Cheating is a 10. Of course, I'm talking snooping that happens not because of hacking passwords, it's usually when you stumble on something. If it was that easy for you to find it, maybe he wanted to be caught. I don't tell anyone my passwords but my SO could look through all of my secret business and find nothing. I think that if you get the urge to snoop, you sense he may be cheating anyway. JMO.

• Thanks for BA! :D