Ladies, if you're unhappy in a casual relationship, why stay in it?

My friend told me she's unhappy in her relationship, used the phrase "I feel dead inside" to describe how she feels lately. She's dating this older guy she met at some crazy college party and she seemed happy and excited at first. Now its been a couple months and she's telling me how miserable she is. She had just gotten out of a serious, emotional relationship when this guy asked her out and I can tell she still cares for her ex. I asked if she felt this new relationship was simply a rebound, but that upset her for some reason. She says she's not emotionally invested in it, that she likes the guy but doesn't love him, that she wants to break up but at the same time doesn't. She's very confused and so am I at this point. Can anyone shed some light on this situation?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• She's using him for attention or sex or both.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• She maybe likes her ex still, and has this one, and she can't make the move to be single again, and make the effort of finding someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's in it for the money, maybe he's somewhat a father figure; if she doesn't feel comfortable with her dad, and maybe the old man really lays it on her in the bedroom, or he's just a rebound-why? IDK, but he's contact for her, someone she can lay her head on, someone she can talk to, ect...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes