Ladies, if you're unhappy in a casual relationship, why stay in it?

My friend told me she's unhappy in her relationship, used the phrase "I feel dead inside" to describe how she feels lately. She's dating this older guy she met at some crazy college party and she seemed happy and excited at first. Now its been a couple months and she's telling me how miserable she is. She had just gotten out of a serious, emotional relationship when this guy asked her out and I can tell she still cares for her ex. I asked if she felt this new relationship was simply a rebound, but that upset her for some reason. She says she's not emotionally invested in it, that she likes the guy but doesn't love him, that she wants to break up but at the same time doesn't. She's very confused and so am I at this point. Can anyone shed some light on this situation?

30

Most Helpful Girl

• She's using him for attention or sex or both.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE