Should I wait to see if things improve or just break up and find someone else?

Is a relationship supposed to make you happy or cause stress? My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 months. Maybe it's his personality, but he rarely ever says anything sweet. Most of the time, he's complaining about his job, how he's not feeling well, or he's talking about the new game he's addicted to. I've tried to hint that we need to work on "us" a little more or this isn't going anywhere, but he'll always just say in time we'll figure it out.

I don't want to bring it up too often since it would just sound like I'm nagging. If a guy can't see the problem, should I just let it go and perhaps find someone else?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• If your portrayal of your relationship is accurate, then I think you really need to talk with him and see if he is willing to change. As it seems right now, he seems a bit selfish. A relationship should always be mutually satisfying, and there's always going to be some stress in it. The question is, is it a good stress where you both are trying to make something happen that will even bring you closer? Or is it a bad stress, where one or both are feeling neglected which will draw you apart.

He seems a bit selfish as he's focusing on immediate happiness, i.e. his hobbies, video games. The truth of the matter is relationships require effort and interaction and that requires communication. He is going to have to realize that if you're not willing to share his deep rooted interest in video games, he will have to devote less time to it and more time to you. Compassion and compromise also goes a long way.

If he's not willing to change after you speak with him, then it's evident you won't be happy, to which at that point, you should consider ending the relationship and focus on happiness with someone who better shares your interests.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• You need to force the issue and tell him you're thinking of breaking up. That will get his attention and maybe then he'll work on your relationship.,

Guys aren't often able to overcome work stress and focus on anything else, especially if it's a really tough work situation where he might lose the job.

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave him. He does not value enough. If he tries REALLY hard to hold you back or to get you back after he loses you, then become his girlfriend again. If not, then just dump him: Your relationship isn't going anywhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up, no good bye note, find sweet guy. Don't waste your time. You're too good to be with such a knuckle head.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up with him, he's clearly a douche bag if that's the way he treats you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, talk to him about it, if he doesn't change after that then leave him.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I would break up with him if I were you. The beginning of a relationship is the time that someone should be trying to impress you, and it doesn't seem like he's trying hard enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only 2 months in?! Jump ship. You should still think he's pretty much perfect with only a tiny glimpse into his flaws at this point.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's only been 2 months and it's like that? I'd move on

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes