When will women stop searching for the 'perfect man'?

This I ask because it results in a major loss to two partners who once had a beautiful relationship. Why do women break up when they find just one fault with their man? Why do you always start searching for 100 pluses and 0 minuses when women themselves are not as perfect as we men want? This is mother nature, there is nothing like perfect here, only near perfect. You break up with us just because we had one fault and you never come back once we apologize and even start spreading smack of us just because of one fault?

If this is the case then women are at a major loss while the men they break up with enjoy their lives to the fullest :P This is what I've been seeing so far!

Updates:
woah! I'm amazed at the number of answers! Keep em coming sweeties! I want more :D

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I covered this before. Women are stuck in a jail where they think they are entitled to the perfect male, even those who amount to a 4/10 on their best day. There are a few reasons for this. The main one being that they have inflated egos based on false views of themselves. They are essentially very insecure, and the way to compensate for that is to have a male that they deem as perfect...until they know he doesn't exist.

0|3
    2|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• cheating or being overly flirtatious, a lazy person, or not good enough morals, or drugs, and violence are a no no. other things are OK. like, moving to another city, putting a certain furniture the way he wants it. religion freedom, sports acceptance, preference in entertainment, which house to buy, etc ect is ok.

1|1
    0|0
  • That's mostly present in young girls who don't quite understand relationships yet. I was like this in my teenage years, but I've matured. Of course, I still have my deal breakers when it comes to guys, but little flaws aren't a big deal anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Just one fault?" Hmm, all the wonderful deal breakers I could come up with for that... Hah.

Sure, nobody's perfect, but if you have one personality flaw that hurts her, an instance of cheating, etc., of course most girls will leave.

0|1
    0|1
    • A criminal record, drug habit, sex offender status, lying habit, lack of work ethic, gaslighting habit, emotional/physical/verbal abuse, etc. are some examples of what would make me run if I just saw one of these. From what I have seen, a good number of people possess several of these deal breakers at once.

• Cheating isn't really a personality flaw as much as it is a destructive choice.

• Cheating stems from entitlement, so it can be a personality flaw. Stop downvoting me and nitpicking my answers, when they're right.

• Well than maybe those girls need a little more growing up to do because no man is perfect. I know that when I see a guy he's not going to be perfect just like girls have their flaws. Example, I'm a very caring and loyal girl but my downfall is I can act like a perfectiknist sometimes. When you get with a girl who truly cares for you she won't mind your flaws because everyone has them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have found him...Chris Hemsworth.

But yeah, good question. Goes both ways and just depends on the individual...can't stereotype every chick just because this is evident in some.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess when they realized that they are not perfect and their is no perfect man. If so man would not need women!

0|0
    0|0
  • When they find him. Some girls have unrealistic expectations for men, whether it's because of Hollywood or just human nature I have no idea. Men are wired to "spread the see" as they say so their genetics probably don't make them very picky. However, since the girls only get one shot at pregnancy per year perhaps we were designed to be more selective than men so that our offspring would have the best chances of survival. Then there's media painting images of the perfect prince charming that every girl "deserves."

Whatever the reason, not all girls are like that. Unfortunately, I was willing to stay with my ex for two years through MANY problems. Some of us have more realistic expectations and when we say we want the perfect guy what we really mean is that we want a guy who's perfect for us. For instance there are a couple of minor things that I don't like about my boyfriend but they're nothing I can't live with because he's so perfect for me overall.

0|0
    0|0
  • One flaw,-untrusting , violence, addiction and lazy. any of these and I'm out of there.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I am not perfect, and I am not, then no man can be either. LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • when we learn to settle

0|0
    0|1
    • I think guys settle more often. A lot of guys will get to a point where they just decide that they are tired of dating and just pick a girl to make it work with.

• hypocrite!

0|0
    0|1
    • hey sorry just got carried away. anyway it depends on the reason of the breakup, if it's just minor then it should be forgivable but if it's something major like being possessive and jealousy and there's no willingness to change despite the chances given then I think it's just right to breakup even if that is only his flaw. :)

• Never!

0|0
    0|0
    • lmao thanks :D

• What's her name, sweetie? What's the name of the mean girl who broke up with you? Who was it?

Poor you.

0|0
    0|1
  • no the perfect man, perfect love:)

0|1
    0|0
  • i got the ans here ;D even gals stop behavin perfect and jus enjoy life ;) with tons of mistakes ! same pinch )

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not like that at all! Truth be told, I've never dumped a guy (always been the one who got dumped) even though in some cases I probably should have. I always stick around and try to work on things. In fact, I feel the same way about guys as you do about women. It always feels to me like they give up because of the tiniest issue and are not willing to work on something that has potential to be really good. Hence, I'm sort of jaded and sick of relationships.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Don't sweat it. 20 years from now you'll probably have a great marriage with a great (but not perfect) woman and your ex will be a bitter, single 40 year old spinster complaining about how she can't meet the right guy. Women like that expect people to feel sorry for them but I just laugh because I know that they probably had several great boyfriends in the past whom they dumped for some absurd reason and now they've missed their window.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally speaking there is a trend happening in this directions. There are a couple of reasons for this but many psychologist consider the our media, more specifically romance novels and movies, to be giving women false views of what to expect out of a relationship.

Not everyone is like this. Not all women live in fantasy land, but the percent is increasing. It's also not black and white either. Everyone has varying degrees of fantasylanditus where we look for the perfect partner.

Instead of explaining it further I just put a link to a good article that I think sums this topic up quite well. It's written by a FEMALE dating coach. link

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think most women want a perfect man. Just really successful women, or damaged women.

0|0
    0|0
  • probably after an apocalypse happens, where all these bullsh*t from the media disappears

0|0
    0|0
  • Late 20s early 30s.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend found the perfect man ;)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes