My boyfriend and I come from different economic classes. Could this become an issue in our relationship?

Now, I love my boyfriend more than anything and I always will no matter what.

I do have a small concern though. He wants me to move in with him and his family (himself, older brother, and mother) His mother is completely okay with it. In fact, she wants me to move in. They've always had money issues and would be considered to be in the "lower class." I have grown up the the "upper middle class." I'm worried that when I move in, it'll take me a while to adjust to the way try live compared to how I live now. I'll be working when I move in with him so I'll be helping out as much as I can.

I'm honestly not trying to sound snobbish in any way. I'm more than willing to change my way of living to be with my boyfriend. I'm just concerned that I'll be in an uncomfortable position until I get adjusted and I'm worries that my boyfriend will get upset about it.

I'd rather wait until I can afford my own place so my boyfriend and I can live there together but it's proven to be difficult if not impossible to find someone willing to let a 19 year old rent an apartment with no credit. My boyfriend doesn't want to wait so he wants me to move in with his family.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not the money itself, it's the fact that you'll be living with his mom and family. I think you're too young for that, and it's usually not good for romance. I would wait until it can be just you and him. Talk to him about it, but don't make it about money, don't make him feel inadequate. Just explain that you feel like you'd wait for a bit until you start living together.