Should I be with a boy who treated bad his ex?

He is very nice for me, telling me that I'm the most beautiful girl in the world, giving me flowers, and doing romantic things.. I'm sure he's in love with me and I really like him..

But I have doubts because I know his ex girlfriend's friend, and I know that he treated his ex badly ( he hit her and was abusive and was screaming at her when everyone could hear it, so even didn't hide it ) .

And they broke up only month ago.

For me he is completely different but can I trust him? should I be his girlfriend ?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He has a history of verbal abuse, a history of physical abuse. Yes he is treating you well now, but what happens when all the bliss is gone and you're in a regular day to day relationship. Knowing his track record, what makes you think that you will be exempt to his rages. Personally, it would be best to get out now, while there's not much emotional attachment to him.

Guys with history of domestic violence toward women tend to more often escalate than deescalate. Some women in relationships with these men end up in hospitals, and/or take trips to the medical examiner's office en route to the cemetery. The verbal abuse with these guys is real, the abuse is real, the injuries are real.

I strongly urge you to get out now. Perhaps he hasn't killed or maimed yet, so why be his first?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• He's a smooth, romantic guy on the outside, but his personality is so hideous.

You're better off without him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stay away from him

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I bet the guy was mister charming at first with his previous girlfriend, otherwise chances are slim she fell for him. If I were you, I'd take things slow. See if he gets aggressive with little things or towards others, if he's easily angry and violent. Just keep in mind that he was aggressive towards his ex and chances are that he could become violent towards you.

We can tell you it's a bad idea or a good idea, when it comes down to it, it's your choice. Now, I'm not gonna say it's a good idea, because I've seen some of my friends in abusive relationships and they didn't look good. Just beware of it and don't let him manipulate you or something, because it's often seen that the guy wants control as well, he's not just aggressive. In some abusive relationships it starts with him telling you how much he needs you and that you don't need to see your friends. If he tries to get you to ditch your friends, take a step back.

0|0
    0|0
  • i met a guy a while ago who I thought was really great. he really liked me and talked long term. and then one day out of the blue he freaked out on me and wouldn't let me leave his house for like 4 hrs (he tried grabbing me when I tried to leave) it was bad and really scared me. after that it wasn't the same between us and he only got more frustrated which turned me off even more. I found out later that he was abusive to his last girlfriend. take care on this one and go with your instincts ok?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes