Should I be with a boy who treated bad his ex?

He is very nice for me, telling me that I'm the most beautiful girl in the world, giving me flowers, and doing romantic things.. I'm sure he's in love with me and I really like him..

But I have doubts because I know his ex girlfriend's friend, and I know that he treated his ex badly ( he hit her and was abusive and was screaming at her when everyone could hear it, so even didn't hide it ) .

And they broke up only month ago.

For me he is completely different but can I trust him? should I be his girlfriend ?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• He has a history of verbal abuse, a history of physical abuse. Yes he is treating you well now, but what happens when all the bliss is gone and you're in a regular day to day relationship. Knowing his track record, what makes you think that you will be exempt to his rages. Personally, it would be best to get out now, while there's not much emotional attachment to him.

Guys with history of domestic violence toward women tend to more often escalate than deescalate. Some women in relationships with these men end up in hospitals, and/or take trips to the medical examiner's office en route to the cemetery. The verbal abuse with these guys is real, the abuse is real, the injuries are real.

I strongly urge you to get out now. Perhaps he hasn't killed or maimed yet, so why be his first?