How did you move on from your ex

I wouldn't get back together with him and I do t want a rebound relationship I just want to stop thinking about him. Any suggestions?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. You get back together with your best guy friend(s) and hang with them for a few months until you can figure out what you want next time; someone who can bring solutions to those problems. e.g. he was always gone or he was always dragging me to his parents ...

2. Begin the search with old BFs, thinking about how they fit this new shopping list or not, good for inspiration but not always to seal a deal.

3. Apply your new shopping list to casual new guys, instead of just whisking by fast. Every hello is a candidate, waiting for you stop long enough for an evaluation. Even if these just come close, they may be friends with someone a better match.

4. Expand your outings to include things guys like to do (even better if few other gals are there); an extreme suggestion might be golf, etc.

5. There's nothing wrong with using dating aides, however odd they may seem - it keeps you sharp in the hunt ... e.g. link

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• vent out all your frustrations and share it with a good friend or people who are willing to hear and give a good advise. then pamper yourself more, just spend more activities or hobbies to get your thoughts off of the guy..not wanting an immediate replacement or should I say a rebound is good, if your emotionally ready any deserving guy can see you as a catch..hope this helps

0|0
    0|0
  • Write down the wrong things that he had done, and why you should really forget about him.

Find new interests that will take your mind to other fun things instead of thinking about him.

Find a new guy of your interests.

Be active socially, and join youth organizations or tutorial classes like cooking ,singing, instrumentals and lots of others.

0|0
    0|0
  • what did he do? why did you break up?

my girlfriend recently broke up with me because of some things I did in the past before I met her, I hit on some of her friends and now that she knows she doesent want to be together. But I love her so much and I know she loves me too but says that she doesent want to be together and I want her back so badly, she was the one.

0|0
    0|0
    • we were on and off a lot because he would leave me for another girl and then if it didn't work out he'd come back. After doing this 4 times I got sick of and did no contact and he came back. when he came back he was sweeter than ever but I just couldn't seem to trust him. I blew up because he followed a girl on instagram and broke up with him over it then realized that was stupid and got back together with him only for him to leave me for her 3 days later she was a rebound and 2 weeks later he

• wanted to get back together so I gave him another chance only to find out that he had pretended to date me just so he could make out with me. he has put me through a lot and I would never get back with him just don't want to think about him anymore either

• wanted to get back together. this was 3 days before Valentine's day so I decided to give him another chance. He bought me a huge card a teddy bear and a box of chocolate. The next day I found out that he had pretended to date me just so he could make out with me one last time and then 2 days later on Valentine's day he was with another girl that he's still currently with

• I just move an an tell my self I deserve better. If you watch T.V, avoid Romance watch something else.

If you can recall how much fun you had alone, go back to those things that made you happy.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Don't get back with him EVER again. He obviously doesn't like you genuinely and is a confused/bad/insecure guy.

I think you need to forgive him to truly get over him.

0|0
    0|0
    • i just don't know how to forgive him. I haven't talked to him in over a week and have ignored his texts tweets and even sent back the gift he sent me for my birthday a couple of days ago. I don't want him in my life I'm completely done but how do you forgive someone who has continously let you down like this?

• Not easy and honestly I don't know how either. I think you can start by knowing that forgiving someone doesn't mean you condone their actions but you forgive them for yourself. I think you can google some articles about forgiving and letting go.

• I still have my days:/ but the most important thing I realized is if we do reconnect later in life that would be great, but for now he is too immature and I just want to work on my own maturity too and get healthy and better myself.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes