Boyfriend still misses ex girlfriend, what should I do?

My boyfriend dated his ex for 4 months but the relationship ended because she had to move away and he stayed here to finish school at our university.

Its been 7 months since their breakup but he still misses her. He had intentionally not contact her back because he wants to get over her.

My thing is, I don't think I can compete with his fantasy of her. They dated or only 4 months so he didn't have time to see her flaws yet and she was exactly his "type" (smart, science girl, pretty, cute, etc)

Do I stay or leave?

• Stay. He will get over her. He's already ignoring her contact attempts.
  • Leave, don't compete with a fantasy or his unresolved experience
  • See answer
    Vote C
I really love him though so it's difficult. He is good lookin and smart and tall. A lot of girls like him and I'm so happy with him.

About his ex though, he also took her virginity. She was still a virgin at 24 last year. So you guys see, to him, she's practically "perfect"

Will he get over her though? I totally think she's largely just a fantasy.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Your can love more then one person in the same span. It's unlikely for your situation. Sounds like he needs to be left on his own to explore his emotional potential. You're doomed if he has only the good times to remember, not just you, but every woman to follow.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • p.s. You don't get over unresolved emotions. You learn to live with them.

• I think you are completely right. She was "perfect" in his eyes (virgin, since girl, sexy, cute, nice, witty, etc) and so no matter what I do, I can't compete with her right?

What do you think?

I know he checks up on her FB profile and twitter occasionally (they're not friends on FB because it was 'difficult' for her to get over him)

When we have sex, he doesn't even look at me sometimes! I'm not bad looking and we went to med school together for 4 years.

• *science girl