Please answer: Will my boyfriend come back?

I just recently lost who I thought to be was the love of my life about a month and a half ago. We started dating our junior year of high school & I was his first girlfriend, he was my 2nd boyfriend & my first serious relationship. We dated for almost 4 years (May 2009-February 2013), & along the way encountered some bumps along the road just like any normal relationship. We never cheated on each other or anything like that. But his reasoning for breaking up with me is that he needs to work on himself as a person, he doesn't want a girlfriend right now, we haven't grown together, all those standard lines. He has also said maybe we can be friends in the future... But that isn't what I want. I want HIM. And yet, I want him to be happy. Do you think he'll be back?
I forgot something very important, he broke up with me shortly after he turned 21. I've already had two friends tell me that, THAT is the exact reason why he broke things off. Because he is now 21. I personally don't want to believe that, and I would love to give him more moral credit than that, but I don't think like a man so men, please help me out!

04

Most Helpful Guy

• I know how you feel but I think its because he is young. He wants to date more. Drink with his friends not have to worry about you. He wants to mature thinking branching out will help him become a man. Just be his friend if you can and do what makes you happy. If you meet other guys but still feel for him then wait and see if he realized his mistake. Keep in his life life if you can but do not put all your eggs in one basket.