My ex boyfriend whines to me? Why?

My Ex boyfriend and I are together for 3 years. After he went into university, he decided to break up as he has too much commitment and want to concentrate on his studies. But after 2 weeks, he went into a new relationship. (he even ask my permission for it) When I ask him, "wouldnt it affect your studies? How you cope?" He answered" why not"

1 month into the break up, he is still talking to me on phone and at time joke about sexual stuff (why do he do that when he has a GF). When we were out together with our mutual friends, he will flaunt to me how sweet he is with his girlfriend. ( I know as I can see he secretly glance to my direction to see my reaction).

3 months past, he suddenly called and whine to me that he hit his head on the wall and it hurts. he told me he failed one of his subjects. With this, I don't know how to answer except for " take care" and " study harder". He also say my new look does not suits me. I rebonded my hair but when I say " it is curling back" he said" good" but quickly rebutted" if you like the new look then stay with it"

Now, I am confused by this guy. Why does he whine? Do EX boyfriend whines? Do guy friends whine to female friends? Is he playing mind games with me? What he wants? (he is a very good sweet talker and also one smart guy that good with words) I really need a guy opinion on this. What is my EX boyfriend thinking?

Last of all, is it worth fighting for this guy back? Can I still be friends with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd bet on him playing games; he wonders if you still have any sympathy for him, and this is just a test he is giving you.

Some guys are like this, they miss you but don't want to commit to getting back together..

You should ask him to decide what he wants! And not to whine!

• Now when I ask about his girlfriend. He says when do I have a girlfriend. He also hung up the call by saying dun miss him.

Does this confirm he is playing mind games. Or he worse he treating him like his flings?

• Clearly not a stable character. You're better off without him!

What Guys Said 1

• “When we think we have been hurt by someone in the past, we build up defenses to protect ourselves from being hurt in the future. So the fearful past causes a fearful future and the past and future become one. We cannot love when we feel fear... When we release the fearful past and forgive everyone, we will experience total love and oneness with all.”

? Gerald G. Jampolsky

What Girls Said 1

• I know you want a opinion from a guy but just hear me out. Ok, It seems like y'all doesn't have any boundaries. Once you guys set up the boundaries of what to do and what not to do, it won't be as confusing to still be able to be friends. If he have a girl friend and kinda acting like if he don't then you need to either remind him or be like don't say things like that to me because it is very inappropriate. If he doesn't understand that then tell him don't talk to you until he does. In the long run I think he wanted to break up because he was in college and he just wanted to be free to do whatever he wanted that's all. Some guys can be really simple minded( not all guys).