Can you miss an EX A LOT while being in love with another person?

My boyfriend misses his EX A LOT basically but we're in a relationship. Can he love me while missing his ex a lot?

He isn't keeping in contact with her.

This is my story: link
  • Yes you can miss an EX a lot while being in love with another person
    Vote A
  • NO, you cannot miss an EX a lot while being in love with another person
    Vote B
  • See answer
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hes still inlove with her. Giving it time and sticking around won't allow him to "get over her". He needs to be single. I'm sorry to say hunny, but your relationship is stopping his healing process.

You can only heal when your single. For those that cannot, are weak, and end up staying in a new relationship while thinking of the other. Do you really want to be with a guy like that?..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Sure, most people have a part of them that is still involved with someone from their past. I still think about Lisa from the 3d grade, for example, but a lot of people have a lot more intimate and recent episodes that they keep somewhere in their memories.

And we can miss the past intensely, while still loving someone in the present. Most people are doing this, right now...probably you as well.

Isn't life amazing though?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe anyone misses an ex a lot of they're in love with another person, but they might miss aspects about their ex or being with them that they don't have anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's just not over her ex. Give it time.

That "I miss her" stuff will wane over time.

0|0
    0|1
  • I know I can't once you're my Ex, than I see you as my Ex.

but this varies with each individual.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• His thoughts are with another girl? while he's with you? I'd leave him! He can go miss his ex with another girl, or alone, not with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • im in love with my new boyfriend... I love him very much. but I still get really sad at times and miss the relationship I had with my ex... because I broke up with him and he was so good to me...like one of the best guys you can find...and I miss his family and the special things we did together... but I still have feelings for my current boyfriend... but I don't know how I would feel if my boyfriend was still missing his ex=/ I guess I'm being hypocritical but I would be pretty upset and I wouldn't feel special.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry to say but it is possible as he's still not completely over his ex yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm... Maybe you shouldn't try to replace her. Just be you. Take the relationship as a fun fling and go with the flow. If anything comes from it than great. If not, then hopefully your feelings don't get hurt.

I think it is possible to love somebody but miss someone. I can say I love my current boyfriend (we have been together for a while.)

But I do miss my ex fiancé. (We were together for 5 years)

But remember that just because a person (your boyfriend) is in relationship, does not mean he or she necessarily loves the other person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's a matter of "can you", it's more like you *shouldn't* be missing your Ex a lot while being with another person. It makes your S.O. feel sh*tty and it indicates you're probably not ready for another relationship.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes