How to get over an ex?

I'm 18, I broke up with my first boyfriend 3 months ago, we'd been together for only a month and I'm still not over him! I am just so mad at myself because I can't get over it, and I'm trying so hard! .. I don't think it can be called a "relationship" tho, he'd only been with me to make his ex girlfriend jealous, then he broke up with me and got back together with her. I had my first real kiss with him, we got to the 2nd base in like 3 weeks, I mean I let him get that far with me... I was so stupid and now I can't get over it, tell me how to do it, please, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't get back together with him for anything in the world... I tried to be with someone else, it doesn't work, It's like I'm trapped somewhere in between, and I almost bullied his girlfriend Because I'm so pissed, and so damn angry with this situation I'm in... seriously, I'm a good person, I've always been, I don't recognise myself anymore... just give me an advise, please :(

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Its OK, but you must understand its not his girlfriends fault. Focus on the bad qualities about him, he used you, maybe even lead you on. Don't listen to depressing music about break ups taylor swift and rhianna and all that, you know THOSE pop songs.

Throw out every reminder of him, exercise helped me get over someone. Exercising and working out, releases endorphins and '' feel good chemicals.'' into your body. Remind yourself that he isn't right for you. Think of how he used you, and left you for his ex. And every time he's mistreated you.

1|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Why the down vote :(

• idk who gave it to you.. but thank you for helping me <3

• Your welcome :), you have nice qualities in your personality, so you will have no problem getting a new boyfriend.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Simply be happy with your single life.

Take this opportunity as a time so that you can get closer to your second worthy guy.

Hang out more with your friends. Be socially active. By getting out a lot, the chances of getting over your ex will be much faster.

1|0
    0|1
  • Well just try to make yourself happy by doing your activities and speak to people that make you happy and forgive and forget. The same way you found your ex boyfriend you will find others your young and sometime you need to realize that love is always going to be their . Just that some guys won't understand you until they fall in love. Thier immature at your age or just want a now thing and not long term deal. if you want long term deal find mature guy around 22-28 if you into those deal that have job and career going.

1|0
    0|0
  • My sister said: Text him and let him know you want to be friends but you need sometime away from him if you want to be friends one day.. Don't let him talk you out of it. Move on and don't answer any calls. Don't listen to any messages or read any texts. Don't see him. Stay away until you go weeks without thinking about him. Live your life as if he never existed. Try not to think about him. Occupy your mind with things that challenge your mind. Try not to have periods of time when you don't have anything to think about so you will not think of him. Do things to make you happy. Don't do or say anything that will make you think of him. Stop talking about him to people once the initial pain of the break up is over. (The time period when you may be very emotional, think you can't live without them and want to call or text them constantly) Don't date anyone else until your over your ex boyfriend. After you can go weeks without thinking about him at all and can take him or leave him, then you may want to call him and ask if he wants to be friends. However be careful of your contact with him because if your not completely over him, the feelings will return. And if that happens, tell him your not ready and repeat the process over again. My sister said: This has helped her get over every ex boyfriend she's had and gave me the same advice which worked for me as well. She said time helps more when you don't use that time thinking about your ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't think about it. The more you think about getting over it, the more you remind yourself of the situation. Just live how you were before him. If you spend all your time worrying about getting over him, how much time are you spending overlooking someone who is trying to get closer? Even though he's gone, doesn't mean you have to be upset. Just find someone better. What did you enjoy doing before you met him? Just go back to that. Find your old self.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should write or think about things you don't like about him, everything bad in him - must be many things, also he used you so he isn't good boyfriend,

you should read forums for girls in similar situation, or talk with friends who were in similar situation - knowing that this happened to others and they could get over it will make you feel better.

Try to not think of him, whenever you start thinking of him start thinking about something else, or imagine something beautiful like a beach,clean water..

Meet with friends often and have fun, smile a lot.. and look around how great other boys are

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes