Ex girlfriend keeps e-mailing me

It isn't too much of a problem that my ex is e-mailing me, but more of a concern of what her intent is. It has been quite a few many months since we broke up, and it was a mutual break-up.

Within the last few months though, she has been continuously e-mailing me, and mainly start with "I was just thinking of you". This seems a little off , because she is the one to be chased. She's incredibly gorgeous, and has no problem attracting men, but the break-up was imposing the idea that we were just not compatible what-so-ever.

We have much in common, but a friendship is the only beneficial thing that will come forth from this, and I'm wondering if that is now possible. We took some time from each other to concentrate on salvaging a friendship at a later date. It is imperative that it remains only a friend; due to my new relationship that I have just now entered with another woman.

Is it worth it to try to go forth with the idea of being friends with the ex? Or, Should I leave the situation be for the time being, and try again when she possibly is no longer concerning to my relationship status.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i think you should leave the situation for the time being because your ex may still have some feelings for you so wait until maybe she will find another man

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I would def pump the breaks on the friendship with the ex. Which relationship is more important to you? Because the first will surely affect the second if her intentions are more than 'friendly'. Plus, if she's still feeling more for you than friends, than friendship isn't truly what she is after, even if her deeper feelings are on less than concious level. Just tell her that you'd like to focus on your new relationship right now and she should respect that and back off.

0|1
    0|0
  • The only time I would email my ex is if I want him back. Especially if my emails start with I was just thinking of you.

I did this to my ex with intentions of getting back. And my ex's that I never wanted to get back to . We were civil with each other , but never did we mention the past.

0|1
    0|0
  • The new relationship probably has her jealous. The heart works in funny ways... we always want people back once they move on. Her feelings for you are amplified right now, they could be superficial feelings sparked by jealousy, even if she doesn't know it.

I don't mean to say she has ill intent - she probably just can't place the real root of her feelings as your new relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Does she know you're in a new relationship? She probably does still harbour feelings for you, and maybe she is thinking of getting back together. Maybe it is best if you two take a break from each other, but explain things to her. Tell her about your new relationship, and be nice about it. My ex simply ignored me when he entered a new relationship (even though I didn't send him anything of the kind you appear to receive, just normal emails like we have for a year after the break-up). I found out 2-3 months after being ignored that he had a new girlfriend, and it made me feel rather sh*t because he could have just told me. So don't just leave the situation, but explain things to her.

0|1
    0|0
    • She is actually well aware of my new relationship. When first starting up a conversation. She asked in-between the first few e-mails.

• Maybe that's why she acts this way then, sort of hoping you will change your mind and choose her after all. I think you should tell her that right now, it's not a good idea to remain in touch but that you hope that eventually you'll be able to be friends. It's for her benefit as well, she needs to move on, and no contact is a good start.

What Guys Said 1

• Tell her you're in a relationship and her messages are not appropriate.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes