Are these requirements shallow for a girl I want for gf/wife material?

I've only had one ex and learned a lot about what I like/dislike in a girl. I'm a virgin and would prefer my next girlfriend to be one also. I also would want a girl that is supportive and loving, likes to go out, tries new things, is spontaneous, dresses decently and has class, and can hold a conversation.

I want her to be interesting and to support me in my interests. I know I could be a very good boyfriend, because my ex talked to me recently and told me that I was the best guy she ever met and that I was the perfect boyfriend. She broke up with me over college distance from each other.

I don't think I'm as shallow when it comes to body type.. I want a girl shorter than me who doesn't tell me I'm short (5'9), and who is in reasonably good shape. A pretty face is nice with anything better than an average body. I'd need to be attracted to both/face and body though. The girl I would go out with would need to like to exercise since I do it 5 times a week.

Are these "preferences" reasonable or should I lower them?

• Shallow
    Vote A
  • Reasonable
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey! I'm 5'9" and I'm not short. You and me, we're only about one inch shorter than Jason Bourne. Plenty of girls are shorter than you and me. And as long as you're in good shape, and have a handsome face, it's not shallow to want a girl who's in good shape and has a pretty face. Don't let any girl tell you otherwise.

And the "dresses decently, has class, and can hold a conversation."

Who would want to date a girl who didn't qualify as that? Granted, tons of guys... but well, plenty of people are morons, too. Wanting that in a gf/wife material is just smarts.

0|1
    0|0
    • What I meant by "dresses decently, has class, and can hold a conversation" is that someone is a girl who tries to dress up, has manners, and has some sort of what I think to be sexy.. INTELLECT. Most of my friends go for girls who they just think are hot whereas I would have to make a connection with the girl before anything first.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• That doesn't seem all that shallow. You never have to "lower" or change your standards - but you also have to accept being alone when girls don't meet them. Whether your standards are deemed shallow or not, you have to deal with the consequences of having them. Personally, I don't think anything's unreasonable (except the girl being a virgin. I think that is quite silly to judge on) but as long as you are willing to accept the consequences, then more power to you!

And good luck!

1|0
    0|0
  • You sir, have just described me...unless you find me physically unattractive :p in which case never mind. But everything else is there. Even the exercise part. We exist, promise. Just have to look hard for us.

0|0
    0|0
    • Weirdly enough my ex looks very similar to you in face and body type except for the fact that she had black hair and brown eyes.

• Everything was going fine until you hit the physical aspects in a girl, that simply makes you shallow. Your body will change throughout time, and if your gf/wife leaves you because she wasn't attracted to you anymore then you simply can't complain.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not unreasonable at all. Not every girl is like that but a lot are. There are probably a lot more girls who fit the bill minus the exercise thing but it's always best to be with someone who has a similar lifestyle to yours.

0|0
    0|0
  • you can't change preferences but you can make exceptions if the girl doesn't fulfil your entire list

Good Luck...id love to find an attractive guy face & body plus a virgin but I doubt it :/

0|0
    0|0
  • 100% reasonable. I didn't read anything in your description that screamed "shallow" to me. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you could find some one who takes care of there body is true to you and loves you, that you are attracted to, dresses respectably, but I think the virgin part is hard to come by especially if the girl has to be spontaneous and tries new things. I like to work out, dress conservatively, I'm honest, can be loving, can hold a conversation(not for too long hah talking too long tired me out), but I'm not spontaneous and I don't like to try new things I mean I do in way, food. I would like to travel am goofy at times and I'm random, I'm a virgin. What I'm trying to say if your looking for a virgin with all those qualities I don't know if spontaneous and tries new things would be one of them, maybe you'll find her it depends on what you definition of spontaneous and likes to try new things are(what new things would you like, what type of spontaneous were you talking about?

0|0
    0|0
  • They're perfectly reasonable

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds alright.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's reasonable.

Just don't date a non-virgin and give her Hell about not being one, because she can't change that and it's not fair to judge. No non-virgin wants a guy who prefers a virgin. Just date virgins.

1|0
    0|0
  • You have listed the basic requirements for most people looking for a relationship. Attractive face/body, shares and supports interests, and can hold an interesting conversation.

0|0
    0|0
    • I realize that but I was talking with my friends earlier today and they tell me that I was shallow because so many different personality traits in SOME girls we know (smoking, self-entitlement, victim mentality etc) turn me off, and they thought that I was shallow for wanting a girl with the perfect personality.

I look at the way they pick on some girls who may not be a perfect 10, while I think to myself I would definitely date the girl if I could. That's why I was unsure if I'm shallow.

What Guys Said 5

• The only one I'd think is a bit unreasonable is the virginity bit. Tied with all the other things, man you're looking for a unicorn. Also, you forgot "loyal" as well as "sane" :P

The only thing I'd say is shallow though would be appearances. If they are things you can't get over despite everything else being perfect about the girl to you (i.e. loving, supporting, all that jazz) then you'd be shallow.

0|1
    0|0
    • I tend to make loyal be a given as I wouldn't give a girl the time of day no matter how attractive she is if she isn't as loyal as I am.

As for sane, well I can deal with some craziness :p

• You don't wanna deal with any significant amount of crazy :P trust me.

• You can have those traits sure, but loose the virgin status requirement. You won't find that in such a girl.

0|0
    1|1
    • You'd enjoy someone with more sexual experience anyways. Virgins are nice in theory and theory alone.

• Show All
    • I lost my virginity at age 27 - and I didn't have any "social or emotional" issues. Of course I'm a RARE exception.

But generally, you are correct - most guys and nearly all girls have lost their virginity before their mid 20s.

• Thanks for the testimony Mike.

And just for the record I'm not saying any of this to piss people off but nether am I really trying to avoid that outcome. You won't find every guys wet dream and have her be chaste.

• Those are actually reasonable requirements. If you want to achieve those expectations, you should try to approach more girls so that you can find someone who'll fit those standards of yours.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol more than reasonable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Those shouldn't be too hard to find. I'd say its very reasonable

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes