Are these requirements shallow for a girl I want for gf/wife material?

I've only had one ex and learned a lot about what I like/dislike in a girl. I'm a virgin and would prefer my next girlfriend to be one also. I also would want a girl that is supportive and loving, likes to go out, tries new things, is spontaneous, dresses decently and has class, and can hold a conversation.

I want her to be interesting and to support me in my interests. I know I could be a very good boyfriend, because my ex talked to me recently and told me that I was the best guy she ever met and that I was the perfect boyfriend. She broke up with me over college distance from each other.

I don't think I'm as shallow when it comes to body type.. I want a girl shorter than me who doesn't tell me I'm short (5'9), and who is in reasonably good shape. A pretty face is nice with anything better than an average body. I'd need to be attracted to both/face and body though. The girl I would go out with would need to like to exercise since I do it 5 times a week.

Are these "preferences" reasonable or should I lower them?

• Shallow
  • Reasonable

116

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey! I'm 5'9" and I'm not short. You and me, we're only about one inch shorter than Jason Bourne. Plenty of girls are shorter than you and me. And as long as you're in good shape, and have a handsome face, it's not shallow to want a girl who's in good shape and has a pretty face. Don't let any girl tell you otherwise.

And the "dresses decently, has class, and can hold a conversation."

Who would want to date a girl who didn't qualify as that? Granted, tons of guys... but well, plenty of people are morons, too. Wanting that in a gf/wife material is just smarts.

• What I meant by "dresses decently, has class, and can hold a conversation" is that someone is a girl who tries to dress up, has manners, and has some sort of what I think to be sexy.. INTELLECT. Most of my friends go for girls who they just think are hot whereas I would have to make a connection with the girl before anything first.