How should I tell him I kissed someone else?

On the weekend I went out with some girlfriends and got very drunk. I ended up kissing a random guy. He initiated it, but I didn't stop him either. It was brief and only lasted about 30 seconds.

I feel so horrible about it, and I am going to tell my boyfriend, I just don't know how. He's gonna be so hurt and honestly I'm afraid he's gonna break up with me. I don't know what to say.. please help.

would you break up with someone if it were you?

Updates:
please answer, I need advice

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If my boyfriend did that to me, I would break up with him. Yes he was drunk but also he got so drunk that he lost all self control and didn't even think about me? No thanks.

You need to just tell without making any excuses. Also, don't tell him over Facebook, or text, or a phone call. Be face to face, and in private. Just tell him what you did and how hurt you are and that it will never happen again. Everyone makes mistakes and deserves to be forgiven (but for me personally I wouldn't be able to trust the guy anymore and there can not be a healthy relationship when there is no trust).

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It's so rare to see actual good advice on this website I am legitimately shocked when I do see it lol

• Haha thanks :)

• I understand where you are coming from, but I know that it was a mistake and something I would NEVER do again. It may be biased but I think that if the person is genuinely sorry and it did not mean anything then maybe its not worth throwing away a good relationship... but then again that's my biased opinion.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• If you're afraid of the consequences, simply hide it for yourself and promise to yourself and for the sake of the relationship that you won't do such things again.

0|0
    2|0
  • If you don't want to tell him, promise to yourself that you won't get into that kind of situation again.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how much I like the girl and the situation, idk.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Show him this post if you can't say it to him aloud. He'll appreciate your honesty. The fact that you feel terrible about it helps your case. I mean it sucks and technically was cheating, but it's more forgivable than anything more.

Also, when you're rip-roaring drunk (as in, about to pass out), you can't really consent to things, you know? So depending on your ability to fight back it wasn't even your fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him, don't blame the alcohol, your the one that drank too much and allowed yourself to get in this situation. He will be hurt and he might break up with you but he might not, it all depends on him. I don't know what I would do if my man kissed another girl. I try not to think of those things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make sure you bring it up at a time when you two can be alone to discuss it, because it would be the worst thing to do to tell him in public, or at a time when he has to rush somewhere. Then, all you can do is tell the truth. Don't try and sugar coat it, but do make sure he knows exactly what happened, that you were drunk, and that you didn't initiate it. Not as excuses, but as the layout of what happened. You don't have any control over what your boyfriend will do, all you can do is try. At the very least, he will have a little more respect for you than if he had found out another way. The fact that you were willing to tell him should say something about your character, and that alone may be what saves the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • thanks, that's exactly what I did

• Don't tell him. JUST DON'T DO IT AGAIN

0|0
    2|0

Recommended myTakes