How should I tell him I kissed someone else?

On the weekend I went out with some girlfriends and got very drunk. I ended up kissing a random guy. He initiated it, but I didn't stop him either. It was brief and only lasted about 30 seconds.

I feel so horrible about it, and I am going to tell my boyfriend, I just don't know how. He's gonna be so hurt and honestly I'm afraid he's gonna break up with me. I don't know what to say.. please help.

would you break up with someone if it were you?

please answer, I need advice

53

Most Helpful Girl

• If my boyfriend did that to me, I would break up with him. Yes he was drunk but also he got so drunk that he lost all self control and didn't even think about me? No thanks.

You need to just tell without making any excuses. Also, don't tell him over Facebook, or text, or a phone call. Be face to face, and in private. Just tell him what you did and how hurt you are and that it will never happen again. Everyone makes mistakes and deserves to be forgiven (but for me personally I wouldn't be able to trust the guy anymore and there can not be a healthy relationship when there is no trust).

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It's so rare to see actual good advice on this website I am legitimately shocked when I do see it lol

• Haha thanks :)

• I understand where you are coming from, but I know that it was a mistake and something I would NEVER do again. It may be biased but I think that if the person is genuinely sorry and it did not mean anything then maybe its not worth throwing away a good relationship... but then again that's my biased opinion.