For $1,000,000 would you break up with your boyfriend/girlfriend?

Would you break up with your boyfriend/girlfriend if you will get $1,000,000 for it? ;)

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• Believe it or not, I don't think I would...

Of course, it would depend on the situation - If we had only known each other for a few months, and nothing really serious was happening between us, I probably would break up.

But if we had been going together for over a year, been really intimate together, considered marriage, etc. - I would not.

Sometimes, all the money in the world cannot compensate for someone you love.

3|1
    0|0
  • Hell yes, I don't have one so that makes this whole procedure much more pleasant.

1|2
    2|1
    • but if you don't have anyone to break up with you wouldn't get any money

• Show All
    • It was in the original deal: "Would you break up with your boyfriend/girlfriend if...?"

You can't break up with something you don't have.

• Fine then I'll admitt it, I've had an imaginary on-off girlfriend for 11 years now. But its not exactly serious so the answer stays the same.

• No, and I can tell for sure because I had the chance to make at least a good part of this money within short time. In many European countries army special forces are really well paid (I don't know how it is in the US), so I could have made roughly 250'000$ a year - but I would have had to give up my girlfriend of that time. I decided to take a lesser paid job (roughly 1/4 of that...) and stay with her instead. We're now happily married for a while so it was totally worth it :)

1|0
    0|2
  • I don't think I would do it for any amount of money. Personally I'm not too concerned with money. I don't think there's a single thing I can say I would want more than to be with her. And anything I do want isn't that expensive so I would have no need for 1,000,000. Nothing I can buy will make me as happy as she does.

0|1
    0|0
  • depends on how much I like her or am in love, if it someone I'm not liking very much then I'll drop her quicker than 2 shakes of a lambs tail... if there is a sense of longevity or love involved then I probably wouldn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • If everything is going OK for us , no I wouldn't .. no .. no .. and no. girlfriend or wife doesn't matter.

1|2
    0|1
  • No...Im happy with my life and with what I have...she is my $1,000,000 cash prize and I won't leave her by any means until she wants ...

3|1
    0|1
  • I would then I would I come right back to her and say babe I had to because I was too broke to give you the engagement ring you deserve so here(open box) will you marry me..BOOM lol

0|2
    0|1
  • depends if our relationship has potential for marriage. if not, then yes I would. if there is potential, then no.

1|0
    0|1
  • yes, boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't mean anything anyway, its all just f***ing around until you get married, so big yes from me

0|1
    5|1
  • No, if I already didn't have any plans of breaking up.

1|1
    1|0
  • If it is true love it will not happen, if it does, than it is not true love.

1|1
    0|1
  • I don't have one right now, but I would just get with a girl and then brake up with her only to get the one million bucks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Unless I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, hell yes.

0|1
    0|1
  • Depends on financial stability... If I lost my job then yea lol... And I'll buy her a break up gift lol

0|0
    0|1
  • No. I wouldn't. Not for one million, one billion, or one trillion. However, if my girlfriend/wife agreed for me to get paid a trillion, break up, and use that money to help people in need, then maybe. But I wouldn't do it just for the money, and certainly not for myself. I would not want to sink to such a low level.

Whether I have a girlfriend or a wife, I'm always serious. Being with a girlfriend, to me, is not any less than being with a wife. I'm not going to break my morals and ideals.

As for how people say that they would take it if the relationship wasn't good, for me, the relationship is unlikely to become bad, because I would try to find someone with similar values, ideals, and morals, and I would try to communicate always. If the relationship is going bad, then money shouldn't be the deciding factor.

0|0
    0|0
  • way things are now...yeah maybe I would, sure would miss her though.

0|0
    1|3
  • Absolutely yes why would I need her if I've the 1000000 don't know how many zeros are there :p

0|0
    0|1
  • No.

2|1
    0|2
  • My girlfriend yes, my wife, no.

0|1
    1|1
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 23

• A very interesting question!

I myself wouldn't break up with my boyfriend. Money can't buy love and replace the connection I have with him.

If I prefer money over the relationship, then I would consider myself as poor.

(coming from a girl in a great relationship)

0|1
    0|1
  • I'm single but if I was in a relationship I would. I'm 19, it would be stupid if I chose not to at this age because any relationship I get in isn't likely to last. If I was older and more serious about the guy, I would have to think about it. It depends on the circumstances.

0|1
    0|1
  • Surely. If the relationship's going nowhere, then I benefit. If the relationship IS going somewhere, then we just take the million bucks and don't have an "official" relationship. Titles and phrases shouldn't mean anything in a true relationship.

1|0
    0|1
  • I sure would! But then I'd get back together with him as soon as I got my money ;)

1|5
    1|1
    • You beat me to the punch-that was going to be my ploy as well - reconcile as soon the cash has cleared my bank account and then get to canoodling :P

• Was gonna say this lol

• No way, I am faithful to whoever will be my boyfriend. Money can't buy intangible thing like love, which is what I truly value most.

0|2
    0|1
  • I only wish I got that money for my nightmare breakups, lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just texted my dad "would you break up with mom for $1,000,000?" he replied "mom who amiright lol"

0|0
    0|0
  • No. My boyfriend is richer lol

4|2
    0|1
    • This is pretty funny. But what would you do if your boyfriend wasn't rich?

• Of course I wouldn't break up with my boyfriend for a million bucks. Money easily gained can be easily lost. However relationships, are built with time, effort, love, and chemistry, its not easily gained...so it's never supposed to be easily lost as well. :)

• No, cause love is greater then money

2|3
    0|3
  • see ya later sucka! yes I would lol

1|3
    0|2
  • Can we get back together?

0|1
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0
  • NO

0|1
    0|0
  • definitely ! ill get him a car though...

0|0
    0|1
  • Nope I love his **** too much ;)

0|0
    1|1
  • If we were already having problems, you bet.

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm going to be honest and say yes and here is why: I can then start building my own business and quit my dead-end job with no future that I never get promoted. Men come and go (no use to be thinking about him all day long) but your future and goals in life shouldn't be treated as last.

0|0
    0|0
  • never

0|1
    0|0
  • Considering the men I've dated in the past, yes I would.

None of my relationships were very good, I would definitely have dumped them for money! Haha!

If I really loved the man and we'd already established that we have a future together, then I wouldn't. Otherwise, yes I would.

1|1
    0|1
  • Yes I would. My boyfriend really needs the money for his health and I could give my sister the operation she needs. I would give it to them and then get back together with him. :)

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes